Moodle 1.9 + SQL Server 2005 + "A problem occurred inserting current version into databases"

Moodle 1.9 + SQL Server 2005 + "A problem occurred inserting current version into databases"

by Arif Shah -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

I have PHP 5.2 installed on a Win2k3 server with IIS 6 and SQL Server 2005 installed on a separate db server as a named instance with remote connections allowed on port 1433 using TCP/IP.

I followed instruction from moodle installation guide on the website and used FreeTDS library (MsSQL dll is disabled). The connection seems fine and installation started and database tables were created aswell until i got the following error:

"A problem occurred inserting current version into databases"

I have created an Alias on the webserver to connect to the database server and using that to setup the database connection in moodle setup. Again, I don't think there is any issue with the database connection.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Arif Shah

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Arif Shah

Re: Moodle 1.9 + SQL Server 2005 + "A problem occurred inserting current version into databases"

by Arif Shah -

Sorry, i didn't know i had to install .Net Framework 1.1 for FreeTDS to work.

All seems fine now.

In reply to Arif Shah

Re: Moodle 1.9 + SQL Server 2005 + "A problem occurred inserting current version into databases"

by Bart Perman -

Two years after working through this issue, my server crashed (dead drive) and I lost my entire Moodle setup.  I am reinstalling from scratch and have hit this error once more.  I have gone through my notes and past posts and can't find what I did to get around this last time.  In a nutshell, I have the following config.  MS Server 2003, IIS 6, MS Sql Server 2005, PHP 5.2, Moodle 1.9.  The database was upgraded successfully, but when accessing index.php, I get the following:

Unicode data in a Unicode-only collation or ntext data cannot be sent to clients using DB-Library (such as ISQL) or ODBC version 3.7 or earlier.

SELECT * FROM mdl_course WHERE category = '0'

• line 686 of lib\dmllib.php: call to debugging()
  • line 481 of lib\dmllib.php: call to get_recordset_sql()
  • line 421 of lib\dmllib.php: call to get_record_sql()
  • line 370 of lib\datalib.php: call to get_record()
  • line 3031 of lib\weblib.php: call to get_site()
  • line 1684 of lib\deprecatedlib.php: call to print_footer()
  • line 416 of admin\index.php: call to error()

Dumb question, but do I need .Net 1.1 installed if I have .NET 2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1?

Thanks in advance

In reply to Bart Perman

by Mike Lister -

dot net 3.5 has all the dot net versions bundled in to it.

i have this same issue A problem occurred inserting current version into databases

looking at the code it creates the last table and populates it with values you then click continue and it errors out.

Can't imagine its FreeTDS as its talking to the database and creating tables and values anyone else seen this issue? I have read on other forums that they got it working by using older versions of php?

In reply to Mike Lister

by Bart Perman -

That may be it.  I ran into this very problem two years ago and spend weeks trying to figure it out.  I finally got it resolved, but of course didn't document what I did to get it working.  I will try an earlier version of PHP and see what I come up with.

thanks