Moodle 1.9 is now available!

Moodle 1.9 is now available!

by Martin Dougiamas -
Number of replies: 0
Moodle 1.9 mascotsAfter the longest beta-testing period in our history (over 5 months) including a successful Bugathon and nearly a year after Moodle 1.8, I am very glad to announce that Moodle 1.9 is now ready for use! big grin

Major new features include:
  • An all-new Gradebook designed from the ground up for expansion and integration with other systems (sponsored by Open University).
  • Integrated support for Outcomes, so that learning goals can be tied to individual courses and activities, and can be graded against (Moodle.com)
  • A huge increase in performance due to review and refactoring of many parts of the Moodle code. Large sites especially will see major speed increases. Special thanks to Catalyst in particular for their scalability work on the core Roles functions. (Catalyst Pty Ltd, Moodle.com etc)
  • Tagging is now a core function allowing us to easily link things like users, blogs, courses etc as well as external sites like Flickr and Youtube through the use of simple tags. (Google SOC and Moodle.com)
and much much more, including hundreds of bug fixes and tweaks.

See the Release notes for full details and as usual, get your fresh copy of Moodle via your local CVS mirror or the (currently very busy!) Moodle download server.

Thanks to everybody in the Moodle community (and their families!) for supporting this complex project in a myriad of ways. It's just getting better and better, and I'm still having as much fun working with you all as the day I started.

Cheers and let's get working on Moodle 2.0 (ok, wait until tomorrow wink)

Martin martin
Moodle Founder and Lead Developer