Alll new users are enroled to all courses and cannot unenrol

Alll new users are enroled to all courses and cannot unenrol

by Paul Platts -
Number of replies: 4
Version 1.8

I have taken all guest acces off our site and set it up so that all new users that register are automatically students. I know how a user should unenrol but when this process is completed (go to course> unenrol from course> click on yes) they are still showing as being enroled, ie all courses are shown in the block. Also when you click on their name it shows themm as being enroled in all available courses. Theyy are not shown in the participannts list if I naavigate to the courses and click participants. In roles I have set iit up to allow studennts to unenrol themselves.
Please can you help because it iis causing mayhem.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul Platts

Re: Alll new users are enroled to all courses and cannot unenrol

by Ray Lawrence -
Hi Paul,

Replying to this quickly so may have missed something in your post... but is is simply the case that you've created the state where all users are assigned as students globally and this is then inherited throughout the site.

Ray
In reply to Ray Lawrence

by Paul Platts -
Could you just confirm how I would check this.
In reply to Paul Platts

by Paul Nijbakker -
Hi Paul,

On the Moodle front page go to the site administration block -> Users -> Permissions -> User policies and see the default role for all users. If that is set as Student then you should try changing it to Authenticated user.

Rgrds,
Paul.
In reply to Paul Nijbakker

by Paul Platts -
Thanks for your help guys. This has solved the problem.