Polish language pack hijacking days & months

Polish language pack hijacking days & months

by Przemyslaw Stencel -
Number of replies: 4
When doing the upgrade to 1.3 I added the Polish language pack to my Moodle installation (originally I only had English). Then, all of a sudden, the names of the days and months started displaying in Polish, even for users who had English selected in their profiles. Here are the relevant site variables:
  • default language was set to English (!)
  • locale: en (!)
I've had to delete the Polish language pack to solve it (this is OK for now, because we don't really need Polish at this stage, but we will need it soon)

Any ideas why this is happening?

TIA,
Przemek
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Przemyslaw Stencel

Re: Polish language pack hijacking days & months

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Er, no idea.  I'm going with "it's your imagination".  wink wink
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Przemyslaw Stencel -

LOL! big grin

I'll share my dreams with you, then wink (see screenshot). Another idea: could this be because of some settings on the server rather than because of Moodle settings?

Attachment hijack.gif

by Przemyslaw Stencel -

An update:

I've re-installed the Polish language pack, because it seems to depend on the locale setting (and the en locale seems to be the cuplrit)

If locale is set to:
Days and months are in:
AM/PM is displayed:
en
Polish
No
en_US
English
Yes

Any reasons for that behaviour?

by Art Lader -
Hmmm,

The French seem to be getting aggressive, too. smile

When I view courses as the sysadmin, and only then, , the French language pack takes over.

It's okay, not really a problem. In fact, it just makes we want to visit France again some time soon, but since you brought it up...
Attachment french.png