Lightbox Gallery Resource

Re: Lightbox Gallery Resource

by Paul Holden -
Number of replies: 8
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Moodle Workplace team Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I've just uploaded the latest version to the Modules and Plugins database wide eyes

Loads of new stuff (hopefully I've caught all the requests that have been posted here):

* Users can now upload their own images

Add image to gallery

Granting users the mod/lightboxgallery:addimage capability for a gallery will allow them to post their own images.

* Tagging and searching support

Image search

The Image Editor has a new Tag plugin, which allows you to tag images with keywords, which can then be used for searching, as well as image captions.

More:

• Generate RSS media feeds
  • Backup and Restore
  • Automatically resize images, on screen and/or after upload
  • Lots more, plus many cosmetic and code clean-ups

If you're upgrading from a previous version remember to skim through the install.txt file for upgrade instructions!

Paul
In reply to Paul Holden

by Lewis Carr -
Great mod but I just upgraded to the latest version and lost the AJAX popup effect that was there prior to the install. Before I start sifting through the code to find a fix is there anything simple I must do to get this working again?
Many thanks in advance.
- Lewis
In reply to Paul Holden

by Nadav Kavalerchik -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
attached here is the hebrew translation for this beautiful plugin !!!
for the latest release.

btw.

i tried to use the RSS with google rss reader and i get error
can you check this issue ?
In reply to Nadav Kavalerchik

by Paul Holden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Moodle Workplace team Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Thank you very much Nadav and Joan for your translations! smile

I've tried a feed with Google Reader, and it worked fine. Actual feeds won't be generated by Moodle until your cron script has been run (and then updated hourly), so give it a few minutes and try again.

You may be interested in the Firefox CoolIris plugin for viewing RSS media feeds on a "3D Wall" - really cool effects, there's a short video of it in action:
In reply to Paul Holden

by Tatsuya Shirai -

Hi Nadav and Paul.

The RSS error had been happened on my site, too.
Nadav, had you enabled Global Search function on your site?
This trouble will occur when global search function is enabled.

You need to modified mod/lightboxgallery/rsslib.php as follows;

<?php

//  require_once('lib.php');
    require_once($CFG->dirroot.'/mod/lightboxgallery/lib.php');

function lightboxgallery_rss_feed($gallery) {
        global $CFG;

The parameter 'include_path' is changed by global search functions at running admin/cron.php. Then, the file 'search/lib.php' is included instead of mod/lightboxgallery/lib.php.

In reply to Tatsuya Shirai

by Tatsuya Shirai -

If you want to reappearance the error;

1) Enable Global Search
2) Execute admin/cron.php manually

Then, you can obtain the error message

Fatal error:  Call to undefined function lightboxgallery_directory_images()

on your Web browser.

In reply to Tatsuya Shirai

by Paul Holden -
Thanks for reporting the problem Tatsuya, I'll include your fix in the next release approve
In reply to Paul Holden

by Hellmuth Sole -
Hi Paul, first thanks for this great plugin!! Definitely a must have on any Moodle site!!

Just a couple of items I was wondering about to make the most of the plugin.

1. Search: I don't have an option to search within my lightbox gallery with the latest version installed (this is a clean install, never had a previous install). Do I have to do something with my Moodle site to enable this (can't find any setting within the gallery itself).

2. Download: Does your plugin offer an option in which students can download the image either right clicking on it or through a button? This is something very important to my students.

3. Tags: I'm using jpg files which have been tagged using IPTC (industry standard) tags. Does your recent version read these tags, or do I have to go manually to each picture as you mention using the photo editor (sorry, but does moodle have a photo editor? Don't know where it is...) to tag them? FYI Windows Photo Gallery reads the image tags just fine, as well as other software such as Gallery2.

Again thanks for all of your help in this invaluable resource!!!