Hide individual files in a folder

Hide individual files in a folder

by Frank Eyckmans -
Number of replies: 3

Hi there

When teachers create a folder in a course and add files to it, they don't have the ability to hide individual files. They can only hide the entire folder, along with all its contents. Is there a way to enable them to hide indivual files within the folder? Is there a setting in course administration or site administration, or maybe there is a plugin that can help? We're using Moodle 2.7.2+.

Thanks in advance!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Frank Eyckmans

Re: Hide individual files in a folder

by Frankie Kam -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Frank

This question has been asked before in this post - albeit without any anwers still! I for one would love this feature to be in. 

I mean, in Moodle we can set a single file resource so that a user who is set with a custom role cannot see the file.
In Moodle we can also set a Folder resource so that a user who is set with a custom role cannot see the folder.

But what I want is for all users to access a Folder resource, but some files inside the folder are hidden from one group of students, whilst the other files are visible to another group of students. I don't think this is possible in Moodle, yet. Anyone?

Regards
Frankie Kam
http://moodurian.blogspot.com

In reply to Frankie Kam

by Hartmut Scherer -

Hi Frankie,

If you are able to install the Dataform plugin, you can upload all files and make them accessible to different groups of students. You can also restrict access by time (see HERE). 

With kind regards,

Hartmut

In reply to Hartmut Scherer

by Frankie Kam -
Picture of Plugin developers

Thanks Harmut for the heads up on the Dataform plugin. I have since solved my problem. Now I can hide individual files inside a Moodle folder resource. I am sharing the solution here.

Cheers, Frankie Kam
Malaysia