Questionnaire: Questionnaire Problems & Wishlist

Questionnaire: Questionnaire Problems & Wishlist

by Bug Catcher -
Number of replies: 9
Hi Joseph,

I have tested your Questionnaire module from your test site and tested in my system. Here are some problems / bugs that I have encounter during the testing:

Problem [1] Cannot edit the Questionnaire Template after clicking the Finish Questionnaire. Probably can develop a 'Questionnaire Template Manager' to manage Questionnaire Templates where admin can edit (save, delete, modify and whatever) the Questionnaire.

Problem [2] There is no 'Save Question' button when editing question. Should have a 'Save Question' so that it will looks much more user-friendly. (Please refer to the picture attached)

Problem [3] No Hint/Help for the 'Finish' button. (Is the Finish button also known as Save Question? or it only simple just go to the main page of the course? (Please refer to the picture attached)

Problem [4] Cannot delete Questionnaire listed under the '- Copy existing: ' and '- Use public:' Should allow delete of Questionnaire or some kind of management of those Questionnaire listed in there. (note: Logged in as Admin)

Problem [5] After clicking Finish, the Questionnaire was not shown on the course as a activity. (note: Used Admin account to create the Questionnaire.)

Minor Problem [1] Under Editing Questionnaire - General Page, the Help button was not available for those buttons at the bottom of the page.

Wish List [1] Have course-mapping features (similar like the feedback module)

Tested Questionnaire module version: 2007010801
Tested on Moodle system version: 1.7.2

Please kindly let me know if there are any special settings required to solve the problems above. Thanks.

(Can see that the Questionnaire module have improve quite a lot. Keep up the good work! smile )

Attachment missing.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bug Catcher

Re: Questionnaire: Questionnaire Problems & Wishlist

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thanks a lot for testing. Here are some answers.

Problem [1] Cannot edit the Questionnaire Template after clicking the Finish Questionnaire.

I do not see this problem. When you create a questionnaire, you can set various parameters, then create some questions, then click the Finish button and Save your Questionnaire. If you need to edit your Questionnaire, you just click the Update this Questionnaire button as you would do to Update any other module in Moodle.

Problem [2] There is no 'Save Question' button when editing question.

Yes, I have already added that button in the latest version available on my test site.

Problem [3] No Hint/Help for the 'Finish' button.

Well, the role of the Finish button is explained in the General and Edit Questions Help buttons. It might be a good idea to add another Help button for Finish, I agree.

Problem [4] Cannot delete Questionnaire listed under the '- Copy existing: ' and '- Use public:' Should allow delete of Questionnaire or some kind of management of those Questionnaire listed in there.

Yes, this would be a good idea. At the moment, the only way to delete an existing questionnaire is through the Delete this Activity button in Topics (same as all other Moodle activities). However, if you start creating a questionnaire and abandon it half way through creation, it will be impossible to remove it later on (except by going directly to the moodle database, which is never a good solution).

Problem [5] After clicking Finish, the Questionnaire was not shown on the course as a activity.

You mean after clicking Finish, then going to the next page and clicking Save Changes? I do not see this problem.

Minor Problem [1] Under Editing Questionnaire - General Page, the Help button was not available for those buttons at the bottom of the page.

Yes, I decided it would be enough to provide the Help buttons at the top of the page...

Wish List [1] Have course-mapping features (similar like the feedback module)

What is that?

All the best,

Joseph

PS.- Mike Churchward and I are going to collaborate and hopefully this new Questionnaire v2 will become available soon. Please anyone interested continue testing on my test site and report here.

Attachment image00.jpg
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Bug Catcher -
Hi Joseph,

Basically, the course-mapping (which is one of the feature in the Feedback module) that I am referring to refer to teacher can create a feedback, which in this case, a Questionnaire, which will be mapped to a course. Let me explain this further.

For example, a school has 5 classes - CL1, CL2, CL3, CL4 and CL5. The teacher wants to create a Questionnaire for only CL1 and CL2 and wants to see a report that can have individual class view. So, the teacher will mapped the Questionnaire to CL1 and CL2. After when all the student have completed the Questionnaire, the teacher will then login to the system to see the student's suggestions/comments/feedback. The teacher should be able to see statistics in a "whole view" (all the student's suggestions/comments/feedback) or "CL1 view" (shows CL1 student's suggestions/comments/feedback) or "CL2 view" (shows CL2 student's suggestions/comments/feedback).

To summary, the course-mapping features is to provide 2 main features:
[1] Create the same Questionnaire for many classes without creating the same Questionnaire again and again for the many classes.
[2] To differentiate the view for each Questionnaire's replies (Teacher can see all the replies or individual class's replies in a summary statistical format - like how many student select option 1 for Q1 and how many student select option 2 for Q1 and so on...)
In reply to Bug Catcher

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Sorry, but I do not see anything called "course-mapping" in the current Feedback module.

Both the Feedback module and the Questionnaire module offer the possibility to create Template and Public "questionnaires". Is "public" the same as "mapped" for you?

What do you call a "class"? is this what is called a course or what is called a group in Moodlespeak?

In short, it would be make it easier to understand each other if you would stick to the Moodle terminology (which is already complicated enough as it is).

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Bug Catcher -
Sorry Joseph, I think I did not do a proper explain on the course-mapping and "class". Let me explain further:

The course-mapping is shown in the picture. (Have to create the feedback in the main page)

The "class" which I refer to is called "course" in Moodlespeak.

Sorry for any misunderstanding and hope to hear from you soon.
Attachment courseMap.jpg
In reply to Bug Catcher

by Joseph Rézeau -
OK, I get it. Since I am not an admin on my institution Moodle site I hardly ever try to add things to my Moodle test sites front page, so I had not noticed this facility.
This "mapping" facility looks like the "public" type of Questionnaires, but works in a slightly different way.
I have no idea if it would take a lot of work to make a similar function available to the Questionnaire module.
Joseph
In reply to Bug Catcher

by Heather P -
What Moodle version are you on and what questionnaire module as I can't edit the questions at all on ours and I don't have a remove question button. I'm looking at moodle 1.8
Thanks
In reply to Heather P

by Joseph Rézeau -

Hello Heather,

Are you sure you are using the latest version of the Questionnaire module? For availability and dowload, see this message.

It does work with Moodle 1.8.

In case of further problems, de report here, but please give a maximum of details.

Joseph

In reply to Bug Catcher

by Bug Catcher -
Hi Joseph,

Just setup a Questionnaire in the Moodle version 1.8 and notice 1 minor bug. Also included is one wish that I hope you can implement in the Questionnaire for version 1.7 onwards. (By the way, the bug and the wish is related to the CSV file export for your Questionnaire module.)

Please kindly see the pictures for details. Thanks.

Attachment excel.jpg