How to create a transportable course menu using HTML block

How to create a transportable course menu using HTML block

by Jean Poole -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

I need to create a menu to navigate between topic section in a course using theHTML block (I'm not allowed to use any add ons like the Coursemenu block). I know how to do this but I don't wan't to have to re-create the absolute links to the setions each time a course is restored. Is there a way to do this with relative lkns of some description?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jean Poole

Re: How to create a transportable course menu using HTML block

by Marty Jacobs -

Go to the course in question, turn editing on and select Section links from the Blocks drop down menu (at bottom of page).

In reply to Marty Jacobs

by Jean Poole -

Hi Marty,

Many thanks for that suggestion. The thing is that I want to create a menu that has words in it not just number i.e. the title of the section. Is there some way that I can link to words in an html block that will work if I bacup/restore the course elsewhere. i'm sure there must be a way to do this but I just don't have the technical knowledge. sad

In reply to Jean Poole

by A. T. Wyatt -
Greetings, Jean!

I am not understanding why you are missing the words. Are you using the course summary field? If you put your topic title there, you should see the words in the "jump" box at the bottom of the display.

See screen capture. Or is that not at all what you are talking about? You won't see the "jump to" box unless you have your topics collapsed.

atw
Attachment topic_summary_jump_box.gif