New DicoTrad block

New DicoTrad block

by Theophile Emmanouilidis -
Number of replies: 7
Hello all,
Here's the last version of my DicoTrad block. It allows you to search for definition, synonym, translation in various languages (english, french, german, italian and spanish). For more information please have a look at the documentation (almost complete):
http://docs.moodle.org/en/dicotrad

As this block will be evaluated at university, you can download the archive on a server where i can count the number of downloads. It will be soon avaiable on CVS and in the Module & plugins section. Feel free to let me know what you think about it !

You can download it on this page:
http://home.tele2.ch/jarte/dicotraden.html

See you soon
Theo

Attachment dicotraden.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Theophile Emmanouilidis

Re: New DicoTrad block

by José Moya -
What's the minimum Moodle version required to run this block? I have been stuck to the old 1.6 version for many time due to SQL version of my hosting.
In reply to José Moya

Hello José Moya,
There is a version of the block for Moodle 1.6. In fact I have built it with 1.6.3 and it works perfectly. Let me know if it works for you.

by Daniel Zanth -
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced difficulties installing this block in Moodle 1.71. I can install successfully (and tables set up) and rename it, but am unable to see the categories or nodes. Any ideas?

Thanks,

D
In reply to Daniel Zanth

by Nicolas Dunand -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi,

In reply to Daniel's message, I'm having the same problem here in Moodle 1.7.

Nicolas
In reply to Nicolas Dunand

Hello All,
Sorry to answer you so late. There's a problem with some version of the 1.7 versions. The menu is displayed with the YUI (Yahoo User Interface). The fact is that the YUI evolved quickly. The code of DicoTrad is not more compatible with the latest version of the YUI provided in the latest version of Moodle 1.7. The solution is easy, just use the other version of DicoTrad (for Moodle 1.6 and 1.8).
I think I'll provide only this version which should work from Moodle 1.6 to 1.8.
Let us know if it works for you !

Best regards,
Theo

by Daniel Zanth -
Yep, installing the other version (for 1.6 to 1.8) works. Thanks!

It's a great block.

D