Login block on homepage

Login block on homepage

by lui car -
Number of replies: 8

Dear all,

i'm new in moodle and i'm testing this undefull application on my school.

I've seen on the moodle home page that you have a login block on the home page. How can i do this?

I'm ussing Moodle 1.5 + (2005060201) and i have the block on the admin. blocks area but i can display it on the home page.

Can you help me?

Thank you all for your help.

Luis

Average of ratings: -
In reply to lui car

Re: Login block on homepage

by Chardelle Busch -
Picture of Core developers
lui,

To add blocks to your home page.  Click on the Turn editing on button on the home page.  You should now see a new block called Blocks with a dropdown menu to add blocks.  Click on the Login choice and it will add it.  Then, log out to see it.
In reply to Chardelle Busch

by lui car -

Thank you for your help, but this is the problem i don't have the Login choice on the dropdown menu.

Do you know how can i enable it?

Luis

In reply to lui car

by Chardelle Busch -
Picture of Core developers
If the lock has already been added to your page (and you just don't see it for some reason), it won't be in the dropdown list.  You can go to Administration > Blocks and look for it there. If you see it there, make sure it isn't hidden.  If it isn't in the list (it should be), my suggestion would be to try to upload it to your site again. After you upload it, make sure to click on the administration link to make sure it is installed.
In reply to lui car

by Peter Tischer -
Dear Luis,

have you found a solution to your problem in the meantime? I have the same problem and unfortunately, Chardelle's answers could not help me so far: The Login Block is NOT on the screen, the option cannot be picked from the dropdown menu and the block is in fact installed and not hidden, according to the Blocks Administation List.

Sincerely,

Peter
In reply to Peter Tischer

by bruno gomes -

Hi Peter, not sure if you have found a solution for this already. I had the same problem here. But when I set the language back to "en", it became visible. So I'm not sure if it was some "bad name translation" for the login box making it hard to find. Or some lang bug. However, try to change to english and check if the "login box" will appear at the dropdown list.

Take easy on me if I'm mambo talking! I still under my first 24hrs of moodle :P~

Hope this help.

In reply to bruno gomes

by Gareth Cadwaladr -
Hello, I am having trouble displaying the login block on the front page too.

I am using Moodle 1.8.2. When I go to Administration > Blocks i see that the login block is visible here and there are 0 instances of it.

The login block does not appear on the front page (even with editing on in admin mode), and login is not an option in the block drop down list.

Please help - I'm going insane!!!!!!!!!!!!
In reply to Gareth Cadwaladr

by Gareth Cadwaladr -
Have found the answer - I backed-up the front-page from another Moodle site which had the login block, and restored it over the other one, which worked!

Not solved the problem, just found a way around it!mixed
In reply to Gareth Cadwaladr

Svar: Re: Login block on homepage

by Tom Vestgård -

I found a (wierd) solution on this problem - I had the same prob, and tried several times - With editing on the block "login" did not appear in the drop-down menu...The funny solution was that the "add block" drop-down menu is different when I'm in Administration>Blocks and if I navigate to the frontpage...when I navigated to the frontpage, and then opened the "Add block" drop-down menu, the login block appeared in the list, and Voila! IT WORKED big grin

God knows why - but maybe this should be "bug-fixed"?

Hope this works for those who have this problem later on...

R.

Tom Harr Jakobsen