Module database and grades

Module database and grades

by Ania Polanska -
Number of replies: 10
I add a module database to my course and set grade for this task to 10. I can't see grades from this module in total grades.

What shall I do do add grades from database module to total score?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ania Polanska

Re: Module database and grades

by Brad Philpot -
I have exactly the same question. I'm curious if someone's found an answer to this: how do you send your ratings to the gradebook? Is it possible?

by Dirk Koudstaal -
I have the same problem too. Although not a perfect solution I use an off-line assignment created in tandem with the database to grade students' work done in the database.

Re: Vote! Module database and grades

by A. T. Wyatt -
Please vote for http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-9970 in the issue tracker if you would like to register support for database ratings to be added to gradebook.

(you will need to make a separate account in the issue tracker in order to vote)
atw
In reply to A. T. Wyatt

by Ray Lawrence -
Makes sense to me. Yes
In reply to Ray Lawrence

by Julian Ridden -
Had a member of staff asking about this just the other day.

Got my vote. <a href=yes" />
In reply to Julian Ridden

by Mark Drechsler -
Count me in as well - would make life much easier in what I'm trying to use it for. <a href=yes" src="../../pix/s/yes.gif" />
In reply to A. T. Wyatt

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
ATW - I agree (and have voted) that being able to grade/rate a database entry and have it in the gradebook would be helpful. I would also like to see email notifications (MDL-8377) be possible so that teachers would know when an entry has been submitted and needs approval. Also, I commented on the need to be able to have a teacher re-approve a submission that has been edited (MDL-5581). Finally, it would be good to have the ability to do some basic grouping and summary of the data (things like max, min, avg, total). These are reported as MDL-8386 and MDL-9232. I think that grades, email notification, re-approval, and being able to group and summarize would all really enhance the functionality of this great module. Happy Voting - Anthony
In reply to Anthony Borrow

by Amy Groshek -
How about being able to download all uploaded files from the database in a single compressed directory? Would anyone else like that functionality?

A

by Clayn Lambert -

To avoid confusion and simplify the way that grades are entered, I went into the Grades module.  At the end of the list of tabs, I noticed that there was an entry titled "Managing Graded Events."  You can create a new graded event here without needing to add another task on your main page.  You can then manually enter the grades there, though it would be nice to be able to use the ratings I have already entered.