installation hangs at checking your environment screen

installation hangs at checking your environment screen

by Patrick Cable -
Number of replies: 6
System is a FreeBSD system running Apache 2.2 w/ PHP 5 and the latest mysql in the 4.1 branch.

During installation, it hangs at the checking your environment page. Checking the source, it looks like PHP is just dying. Any ideas?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Patrick Cable

Re: installation hangs at checking your environment screen

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Please include a screen shot, or explain more clearly at what point on the environment page "it hangs".

by Yu Zhang -
Hi,

Could you also let us know what version you are trying to install? That could help us to locate the problem.

Thanks,

Yu
In reply to Yu Zhang

by Patrick Cable -
1.7 is the version I'm trying to install

By "it hangs" i mean that the page just hangs there.
mscreen.png

by Paul Gestwicki -
I am having the same symptoms: set-up seems to go fine until this step, then it hangs.

My configuration:
Mandriva Linux 2007
Moodle 1.7 daily build (from last week and today, same problems)
PHP 5.1.6
MySQL 5.0.24a

Any ideas?
In reply to Paul Gestwicki

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Do you have access to the Apache error log? Would it be possible to turn on error reporting in Apache and PHP?
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Paul Gestwicki -
Searched the error log, and this line looks promising:

[Sat Nov 25 10:37:57 2006] [error] [client <snip>] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function xml_parser_create() in /var/www/html/moodle/lib/xmlize.php on line 50, referer: http://127.0.0.1:7000/moodle/install.php

I poked around the Mandriva RPM libraries a bit and discovered a package called "php-domxml" that I did not have installed. (I did have php-xml, php-xmlwriter, and php-xmlreader.) After doing this, the installation continued. I should have thought of looking at the apache logs...

Thanks!