Number of replies: 16
Hunagrian translation started smile
Expected time to finish: one month.

Mindent bele! smile
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Istvan Bozsa

Re: Hungarian

by Istvan Bozsa -
90 % complete Hungarian files (except some of the quiz and survey text). I hope it will be useful smile
In reply to Istvan Bozsa

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Thanks, Istvan!

I've installed Hungarian into CVS and it's now available from http://moodle.org/download/lang/

Let me know if you'd like access via CVS to maintain it directly! http://moodle.org/doc/?frame=cvs.html

Cheers,
Martin
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Istvan Bozsa -
Sure I would like smile
Note that I had to make some further minor modification of the source to match the Hungarian language style.
In Hungary, we use names differently, with firtname back! So actually my name in Hungary is Bozsa Istvan, my firstname is my lastname smile
As I know only Japanese people use this same language 'feature' in the rest of the world.
So if you think Hungary and Japan is an important target areas for Moodle smile you can thinking about make a short UserName function in you lib file that creates names depending of the language.
In my source I have

$fullname = "$user->lastname $user->firstname";

everywhere.

In my opinion, Moodle can handle actually hard-coded error messages in the same way as any other text, there are some messages being useful for simple user either (such as 'You must be an administrator to use this page', and so on).
With a separate error.php in the language directory it would be quiet simple and can be maintened by enthusiastic Moodlers smile
In reply to Istvan Bozsa

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
I like the idea of the errorhandling. I work with children who didn't learn english yet (too young), so it would be nice if Moodle became "English-free" on users side. I volunteer for the dutch part smiley.gif
In reply to koen roggemans

Error messages in other languages

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Students shouldn't ever see errors ... the errors are only for admins (if students ARE seeing English messages let me know!). There are also a LOT of error messages. This might be something for Moodle 2.
In reply to Istvan Bozsa

by Peter Ruthven-Stuart -
Picture of Plugin developers
Istvan

I am in Japan and like you I want to be able to display users' lastnames first.

Do you know if I can do this by just changing a few lines of code?

Your help will be much appreciated.
In reply to Peter Ruthven-Stuart

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Mail to Moodle-user Kris Gonissen from Belgium. I tought he had made a hack for that purpose
In reply to Peter Ruthven-Stuart

by Istvan Bozsa -
Hi Peter,

In my version of Moodle I simply browsed the code and change the order of the firstname and lastname strings everywhere smile
Of course it could be very boring to do this after every upgrade, so I was thinking about asking Martin to allow me a minor modification of the code. It is very simple, we just need a new function in the moodlelib.php for example function fullname($firstname, $lastname) that check the language, and if it were Hungarian or Japan (I doubt any other lang has the same problem) just generate the correct order, in any other case it generate the 'standard' naming order.
In reply to Istvan Bozsa

by Istvan Bozsa -
By the way: my first attempt to commit language changes failed with the following message: "commit" requires write access to the repository.

What should I do, Martin?
In reply to Istvan Bozsa

by Martin Dougiamas -

Hi, I just double-checked your permissions - they should all be OK.

Make sure you've checked out your Moodle code using your sourceforge username (not as anonymous).

http://moodle.org/doc/?frame=cvs.html

By the way, the fullname function is a good idea ... can someone make me a list of all the scripts that require it?

by Istvan Bozsa -
Thanks Martin,

I accidently checked out with the pserver method, and according to sourceforge, this does not give me write access.
Now cvs is killing me smile
Suddenly I realized that I am unable to reconfigure it, so once checked out with pserver, there is no possibility to access the repository via ssh. I tried everything: new folder creation, checkout again. Here I received the following: 'Fatal: More than one remote source not supported from cvs server'

So I completely removed all directory, uninstalled cvs, reinstalled cvs, created the directory and tried again with the same result.
Evidently, sourceforge must to remember that I already checked out once and does not allow me to do it again with ssh.
I am confused now about what to do...
In reply to Istvan Bozsa

by Martin Dougiamas -
Bizarre - I've never seen that before and don't have any ideas - sorry.

I can tell you, though, that sourceforge does not "remember" anything like that and I'm 100% sure it's something about the setup of your client. Keep trying!

by Istvan Bozsa -
Sorry Martin,

The problem seems to be solved, now.
I will check out the files needing fullname soon.

by Istvan Bozsa -
Here is the list of files currently containing '$user->firstname $user->lastname' sequence that can be replaced:

admin\admin.php
admin\creators.php
admin\cron.php
admin\user.php
course\format\social.php
course\format\topics.php
course\format\weeks.php
course\lib.php
course\loggraph.php
course\loginas.php
course\student.php
course\teacher.php
course\unenrol.php
course\user.php
lib\ipatlas\plot.php
lib\moodlelib.php
lib\weblib.php
login\change_password.php
mod\assignment\lib.php
mod\chat\lib.php
mod\chat\report.php
mod\choice\report.php
mod\choice\view.php
mod\dialogue\dialogues.php
mod\exercise\lib.php
mod\exercise\submissions.php
mod\forum\lib.php
mod\forum\subscribe.php
mod\forum\subscribers.php
mod\glossary\comment.php
mod\glossary\formats\2.php
mod\glossary\formats\3.php
mod\glossary\lib.php
mod\journal\lib.php
mod\resource\view.php
mod\survey\report.php
mod\workshop\lib.php
mod\workshop\submissions.php
user\edit.php
user\lib.php
user\view.php
userpix\index.php
In reply to Istvan Bozsa

by Martin Dougiamas -
Thanks, Istvan - that list was useful.  I found some other places and have no doubt missed a few, but otherwise this problem is now fixed in CVS.