Installation failing on environment checking

Installation failing on environment checking

by Matt Thompson -
Number of replies: 7
During installation of 1.6, I get as far as checking my environment; php and sql are talking, and I can connect to the DB.  But during that check, i get:

Checking your environment ...

We are checking if the various components of your system meet the system requirements

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: xml_parser_create() in /var/www/html/moodle/lib/xmlize.php on line 50

and nothing else.  I'm running php 4.4.0 I believe, and I don't think I have xml support.  Is XML support required?  I didn't see it in the requirements list for 1.6.  Thanks for the help
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Matt Thompson

Re: Installation failing on environment checking

by Matt Thompson -
Fixed it myself, I believe I was missing some php modules, although I did a number of security fixes as well.  I'm running Mandriva Linux. 

In reply to Matt Thompson

by Stuart Andrew -

Hi,

I'm having the same problem.  I have Mandrake 10.1 with php version 4.3.8 and MySQL version 4.0.20. I'm installing moodle 1.7.1 from the .tgz file.  All the basic tests pass OK and I have connected to the moodle database but I now have this error mentioned above when it does the environment check.

I have looked at the php.ini file line 50 and the syntax looks fine.

I would appreciate any ideas or advice on how to fix this.

Many thanks,

Stuart

In reply to Stuart Andrew

by Mauno Korpelainen -

Hi Stuart,

Moodle 1.7 requires at least MySQL 4.1.16

In reply to Mauno Korpelainen

by Stuart Andrew -

Hi Mauno,

I can't find a version of MySQL at or above 4.1.16 for Mandrake (mdk).  Can you help with pointing my at one?

Thanks,

Stuart

In reply to Stuart Andrew

by Mauno Korpelainen -

I really don't know. I have seen some messages from persons who have installed some version of mysql5 and got it working but had some other problems. http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/5.0.html has no links for Mandrake/mandriva

If you can't find any possible version use moodle 1.5.4+ instead of moodle 1.6 or 1.7.

In reply to Mauno Korpelainen

by Stuart Andrew -

Hi again Mauno,

I'm in the process of upgrading my (rather) old Mandrake 10.1 OS to the latest Mandriva 2007 version.  This has a whole host of upgraded software and associated problems (challenges) to be overcome before it is working as it used to!  Then I can get back to moodling.  smile

Thanks for the support which is much appreciated,

Stuart