Admin page: error 500 after upgrade from 1.6 beta to 1.6

Admin page: error 500 after upgrade from 1.6 beta to 1.6

by Rod Spears -
Number of replies: 3
I just upgraded from 1.6 beta to 1.6 version today.  During upgrade process I received a blank page with ERROR 500.  This happened right after a message which told me the database was updated and backup is now file XXXX.

I closed the browser and opened the home page of the site and everything appears to be working properly EXCEPT when I try to open the ADMIN page.  I get the same error. 

I was able to access the one course that I have posted there right now and everything that I tried worked OK. 

PHP 4.4.2
MySQL 4.0.25
Apache/1.3.33 (Unix)
Server is hosted by 1and1

Any suggestions?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rod Spears

Re: Admin page: error 500 after upgrade from 1.6 beta to 1.6

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Rod,

Please check Eloy's advice in the discussion Incompatability with Moodle 1.6beta and 1and1?
In reply to Helen Foster

by Rod Spears -
Helen,

Thanks for sending me to that link.  I am not running 1.6beta, the problem I described here came after upgrading from 1.6beta to 1.6

However, I did add that line Eloy suggested to my .htacess file and I now have access to my admin page.  I am not sure if all problems are solved, but it did solve that one.

Thanks again!

Rod Spears
In reply to Rod Spears

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Rod,

Thanks for the feedback - it's good to know your problem is solved. smile