Questions about the Windows Installation package

Re: Questions about the Windows Installation package

by Ray Lawrence -
Number of replies: 4
Hi Nicole,

The instructions at MoodleDocs are accurate for installing Moodle on a Windows computer using XAMPP. They aren't intended to be for the complete install package found on the download page at moodle.org (they don't claim to be for that either wink).

I'll add a comment to the page to make that clear in future. smile Thanks for pointing this out.

There's a page for the complete windows package which you might wish to update with some instructions.
In reply to Ray Lawrence

by N Hansen -
The title of the XAMPP page needs to be corrected from XAMP, but I can't figure out how to do it as only the content seems to be editable.
In reply to N Hansen

by N Hansen -
I've got another question-the XAMPP instructions talk about changing the version of PHP from 5 to 4. But what if you want to change to something like 4.4.2? Is that even possible? And what about the version of MySQL being used. Can that be controlled? I want to recreate the environment on my live server as closely as possible on my Windows machine to test the upgrade to 1.6 before implementing it.
In reply to N Hansen

by Ray Lawrence -
Not quite, but one can get closer to it (possibly) by looking through the older versions available at Sourceforge. There is a link on the XAMPP page at apachefriends.org. As far as I can see there is no documentation to summarise the PHP / MySQL versions in each package.

XAMPP 1.5.1 has the following

PHP 4.4.1
MySQL 5.0.18
In reply to N Hansen

by Ray Lawrence -
Hi,

Thanks, updated. The page title was one level "up" on the Windows installation page.