Chameleon - an Interactive Moodle Theme

Re: Chameleon - an Interactive Moodle Theme

by Simon Clegg -
Number of replies: 7

Hi there,

I think this new feature is fantastic. It must make Moodle now the easiest and most flexible CMS to theme. Well done.

I am using the theme for the first time in a new installation of Version 1.6. Everything works fine but for two things. First of all I get this initial message when I apply the Cameleon Theme from Admin:

Warning: readfile() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/*********/public_html/support/theme/index.php on line 46

Secondly when I go to Save to Server I get confirmation that everything has been saved, but when the page is refreshed everything reverts to the original settings???

Thanks, and best of luck with this project!

Simon

In reply to Simon Clegg

by Urs Hunkler -
Picture of Core developers

Hello Simon,

thank you for your nice words.

@ "Warning: readfile() has been disabled..." Do you get this error message only when you change to the Chameleon theme or do you get it with every theme change?

@ "... when the page is refreshed everything reverts to the original settings." Please read in the Moodle Docs Chameleon page about file permissions.

I hope my information is helpful for you
Urs

In reply to Urs Hunkler

by Simon Clegg -

Thanks Urs,

The warning message appears when I choose ANY of th themes.

The problem with the chameleon styles is not resolved even though I have changed chmod on all chameleon css files to 0777 (?)

Please advise,

Simon

In reply to Simon Clegg

by Urs Hunkler -

Simon, you may check the permission settings of your theme folder and the other themes folders too. Are all folders readable and is execution allowed?

Does it work then?
Urs

In reply to Urs Hunkler

by Simon Clegg -

Thanks Urs,

The Chameleon folder and all files within are set at chmod 0777 and the problem persists.

What am I missing. I am really anxious to solve this problem as I believe it is one of the most effective productivity features of Moodle an any CMS/LMS

Thanks for your continued support.

Simon

In reply to Simon Clegg

by Urs Hunkler -

Hmm, from your description I suppose it's a problem with the rights on your server. Chameleon is running on serveral Moodle installations without this issues.

Please check all the rights for Moodle and for your web server.

Urs

In reply to Urs Hunkler

by Simon Clegg -

I don't understand how this is possible. I have encountered no other write permission problems. Also, the Chameleon UI does indicates that the changes have been made with no errors reported.

?????

Thanks

Simon

In reply to Simon Clegg

by Andrew Walker -

"Also, the Chameleon UI does indicates that the changes have been made with no errors reported."

That's a bug which I think i've fixed it now. There should be an update with some new stuff (including this fix) quite soon smile