Examples of Book module in action

Examples of Book module in action

by Julia Duggleby -
Number of replies: 12

Hi All

I'd like to see how the Book Module works in practice.  Can anyone point me to publicly accessible examples?

Thanks

Julia

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Julia Duggleby

Re: Examples of Book module in action

by N Hansen -
In reply to N Hansen

by Wouter De Backer -
It's a pitty that this link requires a login before you can see the books in action.
In reply to Wouter De Backer

by N Hansen -
??? It requires no such login, not even as a guest. What on earth are you talking about?
In reply to N Hansen

by Ger Tielemans -
Dear Hansen, a person who takes the effort to visit your pages, should be treated as an Egyptian King. It should worry YOU why a simple visitor THINKS that it is...
Maybe because several of your pages are so heavy loaded (like given Birth) that it seems as if your browser is frozen.. (or "locked" smile
In reply to Ger Tielemans

by Guido van der Waals -

Dear Nicole,

I was impressed by your site. I had no problems by loading at all.

In reply to Guido van der Waals

by Jody Baty -
I had no problem either. The module looks great and is very intuitive. The book module seems like a good option for those migrating from traditional content delivery platforms such as WebCT & Blackboard. I can appreciate that Moodle was built on a social constructivist philosophy - but many instructors still want to deliver content in an easily navigable and readable format. Thumbs up for the Book module.
In reply to Jody Baty

by Michael Penney -

Maybe Lesson's not so bad, eithersmile.

Certainly nothing that comes close to it's capabilities (branching, mixed assessment/content, random or fixed paths, in 1.6 dependencies, progress bar, etc.) in Blackboard basic, and a recent look by a WebCT certified trainer was pretty impressed as well.

by Michael Penney -
In reply to Michael Penney

by Julia Duggleby -

Thanks - it looks like an interesting resource.

But I get the impression it might be absorbed into a different development.  A multipage resource?  If I started using the Book Module to develop the course, is there a danger that the format becomes obsolete and that the skills learned in my College about how to use it will become obsolete? 

I am not a programmer, so sometimes discussions about code/hacking are beyond me sad

Julia

by N Hansen -
Probably not. For all we know they might build an automatic converter that will convert books to multipage resources, or the book module may remain side by side with multipage resource. In any case, the book IS a multipage resource in a way already. If you had to, you could just cut and paste the content from the book to the resource. It wouldn't take any additional skills to do this.
In reply to Michael Penney

by Wouter De Backer -
This link clearly shows how the book module works. Thank you for the reference.