Conditional activities: Need newbie walkthrough activity locking

Conditional activities: Need newbie walkthrough activity locking

by Roel Cantada -
Number of replies: 3
I am not a developer, but I would really like to test activity locking.  But I am a bit at a lost to some of the options in the Activity Locks page.

Can someone please help we with the following.

1. I gathered that Time Delay refers to the amount of time the student is enrolled before the activity is unlocked.  Is this correct?

2. What are the options for the following or at least where in the source can I find it?  How do these options  affect the activity ?
a) Style to use when the activity is completed
b) Style to use when the activity is locked (default to locked)

A brief general walkthrough would also help since the hack have yet to have documentation or help files.

TIA

Roel
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Roel Cantada

Re: Conditional activities: Need newbie walkthrough activity locking

by Stuart Mayor -
1. Yes

2. These settings allow you to specify a CSS style to use.
e.g. Create a CSS style "completed" in your stylesheet then enter "completed" in the field.
This allows you to, for example, display completed items with strikethrough
In reply to Stuart Mayor

by Roel Cantada -

Thank you for taking the time out to respond Stuart.

Although I risk being totally obnoxious, may I ask where we can put the CSS style.  Is the stylesheet you refer to, in the themes folder or should we add this to a resource.  I tried looking for a CSS file in the activity locking release but there is none, and I cannot decipher to which file the variables lockstyles point to.

I assume that this would only affect the display of the links in the course pages.

What are the existing styles available now?  This looks pretty cool and I would really like to try it.

TIA again

Roel

In reply to Roel Cantada

by Stuart Mayor -
Yes. You are correct. The styles need adding to the stylesheet manually.
Modifying the themes for Moodle is a big subject in itself. But just to give you an idea...

In the themes folder is a number of folders. Each folder is the name of a theme. Look in the folder of the theme you are currently using. I think standardwhite is the default. The css files in there are the ones you want to edit. Simply add a new style with the same name as the one you entered into the lockedstyle box, e.g.
.locked {
    color:#DDDDDD !important;
}