Auth/manual, Auth/DB and Enrol/DB enhancements.

Auth/manual, Auth/DB and Enrol/DB enhancements.

by Martín Langhoff -
Number of replies: 2

There is a bundle of auth/enrolment improvements that need testing before going into CVS, and they are all attached to this forum post ;)

• User CSV uploads don't need a password field if they have an email field. Moodle will create a temporary password and mail it out to the user.
  • Similarly, Auth/db backends don't need a password field if they have an email field. Moodle will create a temporary password and mail it out to the user.
  • Enrol/db supports course autocreation.
  • There is a script to sync user accounts to the database.
  • There is a script to sync enrolments to the database.

Yay! There had to be an upside to all this bugchasing we've had with Enrol/DB. The patch applies cleanly to Moodle 1.5.2+ as of today. Get it while it's hot...

[ This thread is cross-posted to User Authentication and Enrolment Plugins forums. Please join the discussion in the User Authentication forum. ]

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martín Langhoff

Re: Auth/manual, Auth/DB and Enrol/DB enhancements.

by Barron Koralesky -

Martin, thank you very much for all of your work!   Are these fixes in the daily builds now?

I just got a free minute to test the current daily build and it appears that manual and database enrolments are working together.

Now I just have to carefully upgrade moodle and move from Scott's augdatabase plugin to the stock database plugin without wreaking havoc.

In reply to Barron Koralesky

Re: Auth/manual, Auth/DB and Enrol/DB enhancements.

by Martín Langhoff -

No worries ;)

Upgrading to stock enrol/db shouldn't break anything or change anything in how the data is represented in the db. Note that the patch I've attached is something new and isn't in cvs at all.