task/bug tracker

task/bug tracker

by Jeff Graham -
Number of replies: 108
Hi all,

At the request of Michael Penney I'm posting an update of what our task manager has evolved into. We are working on creating a method for tracking our internal projects and assigning sub-tasks and tracking bugs as well as allowing for collaboration.

Currently we can do the following:
  • create tasks and assign sub-tasks
  • sub-tasks have all of the same capabilities as the parent task
  • assign a team with roles
  • quickly email all team members (using our quickmail block)
  • keep track of time logged against a task (using our timetracker block, screenshots below)
  • add numerous events with start/end dates and descriptions with a dropdown calendar (jscalendar)
  • gantt chart (using jpgraph, requires gd) with 1-level of subtasks and events displayed.
What we are looking to add:
  • create different task types to allow for filtering, ie. project, bug, feature request, change request, etc.
  • adding a forum per task (or something similar) to track discussions and allow users to collaborate.
  • generate more reports to give an overview to a project manager
  • create a course type that will hide non-parent tasks and attached forums so the course page is not so cluttered with sub-tasks and forums.
below are some screenshots showing where it is at.
Parent Project
 Parent task. Bars and text on gantt chart link to respective tasks and events.

bug (sub-task) of above project

sub-task (bug): gantt chart dynamically shows more date information if the generated image will not be too large.

Below are screenshots from our timetracker:
clocking in, missed punch
Clocking in: the user forgot to clock out on a previous day, they must fix the hanging punch before they will be permitted to begin logging time today. The dropdown boxes are populated with all of the various modules in the course and the user can log hours spent on each module instance.

punch reports
Punch report breakdown for the current week and current month. This will be extended to drilldown to more detailed information on each punch such as the time in/out and what modules time was logged against.

Please feel free to post question/comments and/or suggestions for this.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jeff Graham

Re: task/bug tracker

by Manel Lopez -
That's cool

A lot of task for our students are projects wich involved magement.

We use MCS Project, but this tool could help us enormously.

Can we test it?

Thanks
In reply to Manel Lopez

by Jeff Graham -
Manel,

Once I do some more updates to this I will post a version in CVS/contrib. I don't think that will happen until next week sometime though since I will be out of town for the 2nd half of this week. I will post here when this does make it into CVS though.

regards,
Jeff
In reply to Jeff Graham

by Manel Lopez -
Ok Jeff

Here, in Spain, we say that "the good cooking is the on a low flame cooking" smile

best regards
In reply to Jeff Graham

by travers tay -

hi manel..

i am using moodle for a project group in my campus.. and i was trying to integrate dot poject into moodle for its project management feature.

i was told that u guys are writing the codes already. and i am very interested to try and implement it asap.

but i am having problems installing cvs on my server even after following the instructions on the download section. the check out couldn't connect to the server via its key somehow..

i am wondering if there is an alternative download u can provide after u're done wif the updates of this feature and ready for release.

regards.. travers..

In reply to travers tay

Odp: Re: task/bug tracker

by Adam kowalski -
Have you any documentation about integration dotproject with moodle? I think about it, but i haven't any idea how do it.
In reply to Jeff Graham

by Jeff Graham -
This is available via CVS now.

You can get the timetracking module as 'block_timetracker' and the task/bug tracker via 'task'. You may also want to grab 'block_quickmail_1.5' since I added a few hooks for this to quickly email team members.

This is a very early release and as a result there are probably numerous bugs, so use it accordingly.

• I figured out a way to make a new course format uneccessary so only parent tasks are shown in the course, and the attached forums are not displayed.
  • When deleting a task if it has children they will be set to have no parent rather than deleting them. This will cause them to now be displayed in the course overview
  • Forums are attached to each task so you can have discussions
  • Currently there is no/minimal permission checking concerning who can edit settings.
  • Task types can be set. Currently they are task,project, and bug. These will probably be expanded. Ideas for new ones?
  • Task priority can be set to low, normal, high, or urgent. Ideas for more?
  • Task Status can be set to active, cancelled, finished, planning, testing, closed. Ideas for more?
  • Teams were used instead of groups to give more granularity and assign roles for a given user. Users can also be assigned multiple roles
  • There is capability for infinite nesting. ie. children of children of children... this provides great flexibily if you need to itemize details more finely for a task. A task can have attached bugs and bugs can have bugs or tasks.
  • You can set time projected, and if you have installed the timetracker block it will generate a timespent versus time projected percentage on the task overview page. Time projected is dynamically calculated for parent tasks based on sum of projected time for child tasks
  • Task relations can be dynamically redefined so if a bug is determined to be relevant to a different task it can be reassigned.
  • Numerous events can be created for each task with a start and end date as well as a description
  • A gantt chart is displayed with all of the task events as well as one level deep of child tasks and their events, the bars may be clicked to take you to the appropriate page with more information on the task or event.
  • If you plan on using this for commercial or non-educational purposes please review the license for jpgraph as it is slightly different in these cases.
I think that roughly covers most of the features.

Please post comments/suggestions/ideas/bugs here if you are so inclined.

regards,
Jeff
In reply to Jeff Graham

by travers tay -

hi jeff..

i am unable to successfully checkout cvs on my moodle folder..

authentication failure and asking for pserver@sourceforget.net's password..

can u help me with this? or is there any other way i can download this task manager?

In reply to travers tay

by Jeff Graham -
Hi Travers,

You can issue the following commands

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/moodle login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/moodle co contrib/task

which will log you in to cvs and then get the task module from contrib and place it into the contrib/task on your local machine.

regards,
Jeff
In reply to travers tay

by Manel Lopez -
Hello Travers

Perhaps the message posted by Chardelle in this thread could help you

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=26731#125858

You need TortoiseCVS as client installed on your PC, then alls upgradings becomes more easy.

regards
In reply to Jeff Graham

by Manel Lopez -
Hello Jeff

I have turned back from my holidays and ready to test this wonderful smile

First problem (my local machine is still in holidays)
 when i try to install task mod  mysql says a lot of things but any nice thing
 It can't insert values, etc.
 i have MySQL 4.1.9
is this perhaps the problem?

Bests Regards
In reply to Manel Lopez

by Jeff Graham -
Manel,

There were some issues with the db code it is most likely not related to your MySQL version since you are relatively current and I am running 4.1.10 here. I haven't looked at this code in a week or two, but I think I fixed the problems in CVS. If not it will probably be another week or two before I can get around to updating this as we are getting ready for the new semester which starts on Monday. In the meantime you can take a look at the db files and try to manually populate the appropriate tables.

regards,
Jeff
In reply to Jeff Graham

by Manel Lopez -
Hi Jeff

I was looking for the problem and i finded that comments in mysql.sql started with "//" instead "#". Changing this, installation runs fine.

Best Regards
In reply to Jeff Graham

by Manel Lopez -
Hello again

I have added two child tasks. When i'm going to edit the parent task i get these messages in the parent task field:

Warning: Missing argument 2 for get_children_tasks() in /web/htdocs/www.mydomain.com/home/moodledir/mod/task/lib.php on line 446

Warning: Missing argument 2 for get_children_tasks() in /web/htdocs/www.mydomain.com/home/moodledir/mod/task/lib.php on line 446

is this a bug?

BR
In reply to Manel Lopez

by Jeff Graham -
Yes, this is a bug, I think it is fixed in CVS can you verify?

thanks,
Jeff
In reply to Jeff Graham

by Marco Solanas -

Fantastic. Once I was evaluating groupware software for my team and at the end we are using Moodle because it is perfect for the comunication in the developer comunication.

I'm still very interested on testing.

Best regards.

In reply to Marco Solanas

by Ger Tielemans -

Nice, very very nice:

Install went succesfull, I could initiate a project and got a nice Gantt chart.

• during task creation Moodle complains about missing parent tasks, during update this message is not repeated.
    (warning: invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ../mod.html on line 108)
  • If I setup a task-discussion (I like that idea ! smile) and try to enter that discussion I get the message: course module ID was incorrect. I also get that message if I try to access that forum directly from the list of forums in the navigation bar.
  • Creating a new task (now with a quick flat task, see the picture) gave the same error
  • Would be nice for the teacher to choose which fields should be visible on the status sheet:
    Descriptionthis is your task
    Start Date
    End Date
    Status
    Task TypeProject
    ParentNone
    Sub tasksNone
    PriorityNormal
    Projected Hours50.00
    Billed Hours0 Hours 0.00% of projected hours

Attachment vraag016.jpg
In reply to Ger Tielemans

by Jeff Graham -
Hi Ger,

Thanks for taking the time to review the module. I will check into the error you mentioned I think I know the cause. I'm real busy at the moment with the new semester beginning monday but should be able to work on this towards the end of the month or early Sept.

I like your idea about choosing which fields get displayed, and will try and implement that idea.

Please post more bugs if you find them! smile

I'll hope to have another update towards the end of the month or early sept.

regards,
Jeff
In reply to Jeff Graham

by Chris West -
Really exceited about using this but I can't get the Gantt chart to display. Instead I get a bunch of code (random?)

Checked that my webserver has GD library (v2.0.28, everything enabled).

Any ideas?
In reply to Chris West

by Chris West -
Just to update - I copied over the Examples folder into src from the jpgraph site to test my webserver and they worked fine (except for an issue with locating fonts which I sorted).

I also changed the image format settings but I'm still getting code (ASCII??) instead of an image for the Gantt chart, though.

In reply to Chris West

by Manel Lopez -
Hi Chris

I have installed task in a local machine and all works fine but when i have installed it in remote i have finded:

1.- Like you comment, Gantt Chart don't display. Do you have the same?

2.- When I try to navigate with the top-right menu i get this message:

3.- jscalendar is showed like this

Now is too late to investigate which is the difference between the  local installation and the remote ones, but tomorrow i hope i will find something about this. If you have saw the solution, please let me know.

Best Regards
In reply to Manel Lopez

by Chris West -

Hi Manel,

that's exactly how my Gantt chart appears. don't get the error with the top-right menu or with the calendar (although I think I remember it displaying in a 'basic' way when I set up a new 'task'.

Glad it's not just me!

In reply to Chris West

by Manel Lopez -
Hello Chris

Today, I start to look the behavior from the local installation to the remote ones.
In local mode there isn't any problem, however in remote mode all appears different. Then all point to the server configuration. It's a shame because i can do nothing. Parameters modification is forbidden for users.

I collect the phpinfo for both sites and i post then later. Perhaps Jeff could help us.

BR
In reply to Manel Lopez

by Jeff Graham -
Hi Manel,

• The gantt chart not displaying is probably an issue with it not being able to find the fonts. Try changing the directory settings in the following file 'jpgraph/src/jpg-config.inc' to reflect where the fonts are installed on your machine. You may have to grab the fonts and upload them to your users account somewhere if you are on a unix server and X11 is not installed or the truetype directory/fonts are not available. I did not include any fonts to avoid copyright issues.
  • if you mean the bread-crumb navigation is broken, this is a known issue and will be fixed ASAP
  • the jscalendar is an issue with the mod-task styles not being included in the body for the mod edit page. What a nuissance this is really a bug in moodle IMO. I'll try and find a work around though
Thanks for posting details.
In reply to Jeff Graham

by travers tay -

hi jeff.. i have successfully installed it in my laptop,

but on my pc, which is the server, it shows error saying that tables has already been created..

1050: Table 'mdl_task' already exists

Error

the inserting of values seems to be successful

can you help me out or tell me why this is so?

i just upgraded both to the latest version 1.5.2 from 1.4.5 before installing task

regards and thanks

travers

In reply to travers tay

by Jeff Graham -
Hi Travers,

This is probably due to either the task module already being installed, or poor db code on my part. Please remember that I am still considering this an alpha release so certain aspects will be quite buggy. Mainly the versioning issues. Upgrades from one version to another may not be as clean as desirable, but a clean install (after removal if it was already installed) should work fine.

regards,
Jeff
In reply to Jeff Graham

by Manel Lopez -
Hi jeff

Sorry for the delay. I was out .

If the proble are fonts, then I surrender. My host provider don't let me modify or install any system software. sad

However, I can tell you more about jscalendar appearance problem. This ugly form to show the calendar happens in task but not in events. Poltergeist phenomenon? smile

Best Regards
In reply to Manel Lopez

by Jeff Graham -
Manel,

Regarding fonts. Just upload them to some directory in your user account you will need arial and courier ttf fonts. Then modify jpgraph/src/jpg-config.inc fixing the line;
DEFINE("TTF_DIR","/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/truetype/");
to point to wherever you "installed" your fonts. This should solve your problem.

Regarding the jscalendar appearance this is a problem with course/mod.php I have reported this as Bug 3998 with a patch for mod.php which fixes the styles issue. Essentially it amounts to the styles not propogating for modules when they are editing or creating a new instance, but show up properly in all other instances.
In reply to Jeff Graham

by Chris West -
thanks, this did the trick.
In reply to Chris West

by Julian Ridden -
Hi Chris,

Sadly I am still having issues with this. Can I ask what server type you are running (win, unix, etc)

I have tried placing fonts from my windows install into a folder on my webserver and having the config link to it with no luck.

If you are using a linux/unix install, could I get you to post a zip of the fonts folder you used?

Many thanks.

P.S. I am using he latest code from the task CVS area (thanks for the bug fixes) and am able to generate images for stats and the like, so I know it works. I am really at a loss now as to why my task gantt chart won't generate.

Attached is my config file.
In reply to Julian Ridden

by Chris West -
I got this working eventually, Julian. My config file is same as yours but it didn't work until I'd put both the courier and arial fonts in.

by Manel Lopez -
Hi Julian

I've done the same. Nothing.

Somebody has good courier and arial fonts files? smile

Best Regards
In reply to Jeff Graham

by Julian Ridden -
I am having the same issue with gantt.

My linux server has X11 and TrueType fonts installed The path is ALSO coRrect. Any other ideas?

by Manel Lopez -
I finally get success cool

I have copied all the fonts in a directory at the root level and i edit jpg_config.inc placing in the dir TTF the same directories path that config.php from moodle but changing "moodle" for "fonts" (this is the fonts name directory) and ... success cool

I hope you get it too Julian

Best Regards
In reply to Ger Tielemans

by Jeff Graham -
Task-discussion problems are fixed. Existing tasks will still be problematic. New ones will be created properly however.

thanks Ger for the report
In reply to Jeff Graham

by travers tay -

hi jeff..

there's this notice on the timetracker block

Notice: Undefined variable: bcrumb in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\moodle\blocks\timetracker\clock.php on line 17

think it's caused by the '.' in the line $bcrumb .= tt_action_link($action);

anyway.. everything seems to be runnin ok, except for the occasional warnings in task mod, but can u tell me if the time tracker is for personal use or can the admin get logs of users punching in as like for attendance use?

In reply to travers tay

by Jeff Graham -
We are working on a detailed list of reports. Ours are going to be geared towards payroll use but should be usable on a general basis as well. I will have to check on the status of this with my coworker who was taking on some of the work of generating reports for the timetracker module. I know he was posting some patches/fixes/updates to CVS and I'm not sure what its current status is.
In reply to Jeff Graham

by travers tay -

hi jeff..

there seems to be a perm.php file missing from the task module. under [editpermission]

Warning: main(./perm.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\moodle\mod\task\view.php on line 96

Warning: main(): Failed opening './perm.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\Program Files\EasyPHP1-7\php\pear\') in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\moodle\mod\task\view.php on line 96

this is when there's an additional tab appearin in task after using the punches in the timetracker. am i missing a file 'cos it doesn't seem to be in the cvs folders

In reply to travers tay

by Jeff Graham -
woops!

I omitted this file in CVS. Don't worry though it is just a blank file currently. I put that there as a reminder to implement permissions. I tried to get the bugfixes implemented for all the ones you guys have pointed out and forgot I had the "hooks" in there for the permissions.

I'm still working primarily on other projects this one is on the backburner so maybe next week I'll be able to get something pushed out with permissions implemented. So that users other than the creator can edit team members, and task data.

regards,
Jeff
In reply to Jeff Graham

by Chris West -
It was going so well... but then I moved server (to a faster one). I thought I'd set up everything for the task module as before and it installed OK but the 'View task' page is blank. I can add team members and events ok but nothing from the view tab. Not even the list of fields.

Did I miss something?

Sorry to be a pain but I get this tested with (real) students next week if it works.

In reply to Chris West

by Jeff Graham -
Chris,

Can you check your apache error log and see if it is throwing any errors, or turn warnings on and see if anything shows up?

Also, this is a VERY early release and there are no permissions currently. Your students will probably (haven't tested or checked) be able to edit the tasks. Just be aware that this is the case. Also other strangeness may occur.

If you find any more bugs I will try to fix as soon as possible, but currently this is not my highest priority. Also if you have usability suggestions or feature requests please forward them and I'll see what I can do.

regards,
Jeff
In reply to Jeff Graham

by John Watson -
Hi,

This is a very cool and useful module for a corporate setting! I have it installed and would like to use it to manage the project of implementing Moodle within my department.

The module is working. I had the font issue which was resolved by changing the path to C:\windows\fonts (I'm running EasyPhp on an XP box).

I am having issues though:
1. When I click on the 'tasks' link in the bread crumb navigation or in the activities block, the next screen displays:
Course ID is incorrect
with a continue button that when clicked takes me back to the course list overview. The course number in the 'tasks link' (mod/task/index.php?id=12) is correct.

2. I am getting pop-up calendars without backgrounds (themes).

Any suggestions?

Thanks again for a wonderful module!

Regards,
John

Attachment Screen_012.gif
In reply to John Watson

by Jeff Graham -
Hi John,

1. I know the issue with the breadcrumb. I will get this fixed ASAP. I'm really swamped now that the new semester has started we have exposed a few bugs in moodle core that I've been investigating and posting bug reports for.

2. Regarding the jscalendar appearance this is a problem with course/mod.php I have reported this as bug 3998 with a patch for mod.php which fixes the styles issue. Essentially it amounts to the styles not propogating for modules when they are editing or creating a new instance, but show up properly in all other instances.
In reply to Jeff Graham

by Fawaz Shareef -

Hello Jeff,

I have updated my Moodle site using the CVS but it doesn't seem to include the timetracker option and I cannot use the task/bug tracker. I know this is a very stupid question but how can I enable this feaure in my Moodle site?

I am running my Moodle site on an Apache 2 server with PhP 5 on a Windows machine with MySQL database. It this helps

Thanks

Fawaz

In reply to Fawaz Shareef

by Jeff Graham -
Hi Fawaz,

Both of these are available from CVS/contrib NOT the main moodle distribution. Please see my earlier post regarding CVS access to these if you have trouble with the following, some other moodlers posted information regarding using tortoiseCVS and whatnot.

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/moodle login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/moodle co contrib/task
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/moodle co contrib/block_timetracker

You will then need to place both of these in the appropriate directories.

Keep in mind the lag between anonymous CVS and actual updates. These may not be available until tomorrow for you.

In reply to Jeff Graham

by Fawaz Shareef -

Hello Jeff,

Thank you very much for the prompt reply. I managed to get it working but I am now getting the following errors when I try to add a task.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\websites\moodle\mod\task\mod.html on line 39

Notice: Undefined variable: display in C:\websites\moodle\mod\task\mod.html on line 42

Any suggestions!!

Cheers

Fawaz

In reply to Jeff Graham

by Melissa Fernandez -
This looks like a wonderful project, exactly what we were looking for to keep track of our interns.  Just a couple of questions...

I've downloaded the blocks and modules, set them up in moodle 1.5 and all appears well there.  I seem to be having some of the same problems others on the board are having w/ GNATT charts and calendars however.  The pop-up calendar appears fine in FireFox but in IE doesn't display the background colors.

The GNATT chart just appears as a string of characters, obviouselly its not being picked up by the browser as an image rather then text.  I've checked my fonts, checked the config file, checked that i have the GD library installed in PHP 1.4, any chance i've played the jcalendar and jgraph folders in the wrong place?  I've left them within the module folder as they came.

Appreciate the hard work on this module, it really looks good.

In reply to Melissa Fernandez

by Jeff Graham -
Hi Melissa,

See the reply to John (part 2) concerning the jscalendar issue.

Concernign the Gantt chart what you are experiencing is symptomatic of the fonts issue. The jgraph and jscalendar folders should stay exactly where they are so you are okay. It is probably an issue with the fonts not being found. Please see the other posts in this thread concerning this.

regards,
Jeff
In reply to Jeff Graham

by Melissa Fernandez -
I went ahead and downloaded the new files from CVS but am now having issues with the installation.  There seems to be an issue adding some of the entries to the task_data table.  It looks like there's more columns then the values being entered into the column...

(mysql): INSERT INTO mdl_task_data VALUES ('', 'bug', 'type')
(mysql): INSERT INTO mdl_task_data VALUES ('', 'project', 'type') 
(mysql): INSERT INTO mdl_task_data VALUES ('', 'task', 'type') 
(mysql): INSERT INTO mdl_task_data VALUES ('', 'active', 'state')
(mysql): INSERT INTO mdl_task_data VALUES ('', 'cancelled', 'state') 
(mysql): INSERT INTO mdl_task_data VALUES ('', 'finished', 'state')
(mysql): INSERT INTO mdl_task_data VALUES ('', 'planning', 'state') 
(mysql): INSERT INTO mdl_task_data VALUES ('', 'testing', 'state') 
(mysql): INSERT INTO mdl_task_data VALUES ('', 'closed', 'state') 
(mysql): INSERT INTO mdl_task_data VALUES ('', 'inqueue', 'state') 
(mysql): INSERT INTO mdl_task_data VALUES ('', 'low', 'priority') 
(mysql): INSERT INTO mdl_task_data VALUES ('', 'normal', 'priority') 
(mysql): INSERT INTO mdl_task_data VALUES ('', 'high', 'priority')
(mysql): INSERT INTO mdl_task_data VALUES ('', 'urgent', 'priority')

The error for all of these was the following:
1136: Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

Can't wait for the opportunity to test out this module, sounds wonderful.

by Jeff Graham -
Hi Melissa,

It sounds like you may have tried one of the earlier versions of this module, before I was being careful about upgrading the db properly, and hence my warning of being a alpha stage release. You should be able to delete the module from the adminstration interface, and then visit the administration section again and it should properly add the module. Sorry about the inconvenience, and I am being much more careful about upgrade issues so hopefully this will not happen again.

I think we can consider this a beta stage release, and probably ready for general use with the caveat that certain bugs may be exposed, but they should not be catastrophic.

regards,
Jeff
In reply to Jeff Graham

by Melissa Fernandez -
I'm a bit confused as to your suggestion.  I have installed an older version of the module in the past but that module was long ago removed via the admin panel and no version of the module is now visible on the admin panel.  The version i am trying to set up at the moment is from what I can gather from  CVS the most recent version.

Is there some table in particular i should check to see if perhaps the module was not completely removed?   There are no mdl_task tables in the db and mdl_modules does not list the task module among its entries.

Thanks in advance.

by Jeff Graham -
Hi Melissa,

There was a problem with the db code, I have updated it in CVS as well as a few other issues. Please keep in mind it sometimes takes 24 hours for anonymous CVS to sync.

regards,
Jeff
In reply to Jeff Graham

by Melissa Fernandez -
Tried the new CVS version and continued to have the same problem.  Went in manually and added an empty field to the end of the sql statement for those entries i was having a problem inserting and it went without a hitch.

This is a really great module.  We're looking at implementing it as a sort of problem ticket system for the schools technology department.  The ability to redefine subtasks and create forums for individuals items is wonderful.  Now if only there were a way to have users create tasks without being course teachers.

This is a great module, great job.

by Jeff Graham -
Hi Melissa,

Thanks for the feedback, I'll take another look at the code and see if I can squash that bug.

Concerning users creating tasks without being course teachers, it is planned that there will be an input system of some sort that will create new projects/tasks/bugs/etc. with a new state, "in queue" or something similar and then after approval they will move elsewhere or change status. The details aren't all worked out about this, but we are planning something like this.

I'm also planning on heavily reworking the view in index.php to provide a more useful view for individuals so they can choose to see only projects they are assigned to with more information vs. all projects with minimal information. Sort of like a "my tasks/projects".

I'll keep everyone posted here with more information.

regards,
Jeff
In reply to Jeff Graham

by Markus Knierim -
Hi Jeff,

I started playing around with your module (and the time-tracker block), and I think it's a great add-on for Moodle! cool

I discovered a few issues that you may wish to look at:

1. Installation: I had exactly the same problem as reported by Melissa, and I also added an empty to string in mod/task/db/mysql.sql to those "INSERT INTO prefix_task_data" statements which had only values for three columns but not the last one (data). After this the installation went just fine.
  2. After setting up the first task, the GANTT chart only showed an error message complaining about inappropriate permissions for the moodledata/cache folder. After I changed the permissions from 777 to 755 (!), the chart showed up in all its glory big grin Curiously, though, I just checked again the permissions of moodledata/cache and moodledata/cache/jpgraph, and they both are back at 777 again, although I didn't reset them. Anyway, I thought I should post this here, just in case someone runs into the same issue...
  3. The time tracker block doesn't work when the database prefix is different from mdl_ (for me, it's mdlneu_), and consequently clocking in/out and billing the hours don't work. So I replaced "mdl_timetracker_punch" with "prefix_timetracker_punch" and "mdl_timetracker_info" with "prefix_timetracker_info" (both in blocks/timetracker/db/mysql.sql). After re-installing the block, clocking in/out worked ok, but still the hours wouldn't show up as billed when viewing the task. I also tried adding manual punches, but to no avail. (Isn't this odd: The drop-down "bill hours against" contains all course activities, not just the tasks?)
  4. This one is more a feature (request) than a bug: In the current version of the module, teachers cannot be team members; i.e., teachers' names don't show up under "Edit Team". In the setting where I am working, it makes a lot of sense for teachers to be team members. Thus, I changed the code in team.php (v1.4 2005/09/13 22:36:29), starting at line 94:
        foreach($TASK_ROLES as $rid => $role) {
            $nonmembers[$role->data] = array();
            // MK START: also teachers can be team members
            if ($teachers = get_course_teachers($course->id)) {
                foreach ($teachers as $teacher) {
                    $nonmembers[$role->data][$teacher->id] = fullname($teacher, true);
                }
                unset($teachers);
            }
            // MK END
            if ($students = get_course_students($course->id)) {
                foreach ($students as $student) {
                    $nonmembers[$role->data][$student->id] = fullname($student, true);
                }
                unset($students);
            }
        }

I don't know if there is anything else to change, but this quick hack seems to work for me.

1. When clicking on "forums" in the activities block, task-related forums are shown alongside any other forums (which is good!). However, when you enter a task-related forum from this page and, as a teacher, you click on "Update this Forum," an error message comes up: "This course section doesn't exist." I guess that's the way you set it up to work, but I think it would be useful to be able to change the settings of a task-related forum (either from within the task module or just like any other forum). What do you think?
  2. The GANTT chart, once again wink: For some reason, umlaut/diacritic characters don't display properly in the chart.
Oops, sorry for this long posting blush I'll try my best to help you sort out these problems.

Thank you for developing this excellent module!

Cheers,
Markus
In reply to Markus Knierim

by Jeff Graham -
Hi Markus,

Thanks for the detailed bug report. I've itemized responses to your list;
  1. fixed in CVS, (anonymous CVS may take up to 24 hours to sync)
  2. I think this is related to the directory not existing on first visit. It should be created as 777, 755 is more restrictive. I think the 2nd visit to the page or a refresh would resolve the error.
  3. fixed in CVS
  4. Fixed in CVS with a cleaner implementation than your quick fix. Although it is functionally equivalent. Thanks for pointing this out. It was supposed to include teachers as well.
  5. This is related to my "hack" to keep child tasks from not showing up in the course overview page. I'm not sure if there is a better way around this. I understand the issues you bring up. I don't think that your proposed fix is possible without really cluttering up the course main page. All child tasks and child task forums would show up on the main course page, I could force them into a specific section, but this is still problematic, especially if content exists in that section. The other solution would be to create a custom course view to "unclutter" the extraneous information.
  6. If you can provide more information that would be great... I think this is an issue with UTF-8 encoding, and I think that jpgraph can only handle non-UTF-8. Since this isn't really an issue for our purposes I can't justify spending too much time resolving this, but if you find a solution I would be happy to integrate it if it makes sense.
Regards,
Jeff
In reply to Jeff Graham

by Melissa Fernandez -
Just want to confirm that the GNATT chart issue does 'resolve itself' after a refresh or a revisit to the page.  Ran into the issue myself, visisted the site again after checking the files and seeing nothing amiss and was surprised to find everything working as it should.
In reply to Jeff Graham

by Jeff Graham -
Hello all,

Some new updates in CVS for you to check out. Now permissions are implemented.

There was some restructuring in the database of the team member and roles. As a result your existing tasks may lose their team information upon upgrading. Please take note of this. I tried to add the code to migrate from the old to the new format, but I haven't tested it so good luck. smile

The breadcrumb issue reported here has been fixed.

Please check it out and let me know what you think. Please report more bugs and feature requests if you find/have any and I'll see what I can do.

If anybody knows of open source TTF fonts that I can bundle with this to resolve the GANTT chart issues please let me know. I think that if I bundle them with the module it will make installation a snap, and hopefully prevent the display issues that people are having.

regards,
Jeff
In reply to Jeff Graham

by Julian Ridden -
Please Please Please on the fonts. i consider myself quite technical, but this fonts issue has still managed to elude me.

Ill grab the latest CVS and keep playing.

by Jeff Graham -
Hi Julian,

I'm going to take a look at including the vera fonts http://www.gnome.org/fonts/ so that you can just drop the module in and it works. I think this will require some hacking to the jpgraph source to get it to work, and not sure if this is even possible.

If you are running a windows server, you can point the font path to C:\windows\fonts and that should work fine.

Otherwise if you go to http://corefonts.sourceforge.net/ you should be able to download the MS fonts which are known to work with jpgraph and are recomended from the jpgraph download page.

I think the vera fonts are probably the best solution down the road as it looks like the license is compatible, and hopefully would allow a more modular setup as the module currently appears to work rather sporadically depending on the system setup. Also this would solve the problem for those of us without access to existing system files, and would have to upload fonts from somewhere else anyway.

regards,
Jeff
In reply to Jeff Graham

by Jeff Graham -
I didn't realize moodle had the vera font already included as part of the lang packs. As a result, I have set jpg-config.inc TTF_DIR to the $CFG->dirroot/lang/en/fonts, and modified the definition within jpgraph for FF_VERA to point to the name default.ttf which it was renamed to.

I have changed all font references in gantt.php to use the FF_VERA font which should hopefully resolve the issue for everybody.

Please note that anonymous CVS lags for updates.

please report if this fixes your problems.
In reply to Jeff Graham

by Rashan Anushka -
Hey its great, I also like to test this, but unfortunatly i cant connect to the cvs server as there is a network problem. It will take some time to correct that, so can u please let me know some other link where i can download the sources.

Thanks
In reply to Rashan Anushka

by Jeff Graham -
Hi Rashan,

I'm not sure how successful this will be, but since you can't access through CVS you could try the CVS browser at sourceforge.net.

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/moodle/contrib/

I think it will be rather cumbersome to get the source this way, so hopefully CVS will be working for you soon.
In reply to Jeff Graham

by Rashan Anushka -
Hi, Still having the CVS problemangry! but i managed to download all the files by using the web interface. All works well but i cant see the Gantt chart.

I think the reson could be with jpgraph. I am having PHP5 so I downloaded the jpgraph 2 beta. So i am using this version instead of the version provided in CVS. So if this is the problem can u help me to solve this. If u think the problem is something else otherthan jpgraph then again can u help me!wide eyes
In reply to Jeff Graham

by Just H -
Hi Jeff

I loaded this a while back then got sidetracked on other work. Having a look again to see if I can get it running properly and noticed a few things:

1 start and end dates are in month/day/year format rather than picking up on site format;
2 breadcrumbs end up with two links to home;
3 pop up calander is fine when adding/modifying events but no background when updating a task;
4 appears to be no way to sort/cut down selection of team members - could be painful when I end up with a few thousand people signed up; and most importantly
5 doesn't appear to be a way to save permissions - I get an edit permissions button where I would assume a save button would be (see attached tried in IE 6 and Firefox 1.07)

Can you point me in the right direction if I'm missing something obvious please. Once I get this up and running I think it will be invaluable.

Thanks again for your contributions to the community smile

Regards
Harry

PS just updated via CVS prior to this post so should be latest version

Attachment task_permissions.jpg
In reply to Just H

by Jeff Graham -
Hi Harry,

1 It has been fixed in CVS, although the input boxes still use the existing format due to compatability with jscalendar.
2 I'll fix this eventually
3 This is a bug in core moodle code as posted elsewhere in this thread
4 It will only list the users in the current course
5 If you click "Edit Permissions" it will save them... I need to fix this still.

I just posted a huge update in CVS with lots of bugfixes prior to this post. smile

To this point I have tried to make things very general, but now that we are getting close to implementation and use of this it may undergo very specific modifications to meet our needs which may not coincide with a general need.

thanks for taking the time to make a detailed response.

regards,
Jeff
In reply to Jeff Graham

by Just H -
G'day Jeff

No need for thanks re my response, been playing with this over the past couple of days and it definitely has huge potential for me, thanks are definitely coming from this direction to you and your team.

Will update again tomorrow (give CVS a chance to update).

Re points above:

1 Excellent big grin

2 Nobody would be in a rush on that little glitch I would think.

3 Noticed that post, wasn't sure if there was a fix or not - guessing not (will have to go back and reread)

4 Figured that one out late last night my time . . . about 2 hours after my post blush May still pose a problem in some situations (e.g. I'm looking at using this as a replacement - or part of - for IBM Quickplace; around 200-300 people in the same "course" that will be getting split off onto various projects. That's why when I saw it I was a tadge excited, the way things are developing I reckon I can get pretty close to doing everything I need in Moodle from development of training materials to it being a document repository to final delivery big grin )

5 Fingers crossed your workload suddenly thins out to give you time.

Some other things I have noticed since my last post that perhaps you haven't stumbled on yet:

* after starting a forum I changed the name of the Task - the forum name didn't update (forum name still shows as old task name)

* when I try to update the forum I get a "This course section doesn't exist" error; on clicking "continue" I get thrown into a glossary I was editing prior to having a look at task again?

* got this error: "Parent task: Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/my_site/public_html/training/mod/task/mod.html on line 108 There are no potential parent tasks" when setting up a dummy task in a new course

* also seemed to be a quick flash of some code between hitting save and the screen refresh but too fast to see (something about line 57 in lib.php)

Have fun over there!
Harry
In reply to Just H

by Just H -
Hello again Jeff

Is it, or would it be, possible to have access control on tasks?

The way I envisage using tasks is as private work rooms for groups of SMEs developing various learning materials. At the moment it looks like anyone can view tasks and even post in the task forum whereas we would want it open only to the particular SMEs working on a given topic. (The way it works in Lotus QuickPlace is you set up a "room" and give access rights to the SMEs then the room will show up in the navigation for them - no access; no link.)

I could always set up numerous courses with enrolment keys but I think a list of tasks would be a much more elegant solution.

Regards
Harry
In reply to Just H

by Jeff Graham -
Hi,

I agree with you concerning controlling acess, but some of this would require hacking the forum module to disallow posting from non-project/task members. I could block them from viewing the task, but this is not a high priority for our purposes, and they could always go to the forum overview and see all of the forums that belong to a particular course.

regards,
Jeff
In reply to Jeff Graham

by Just H -
Hi Jeff

Hope things are going well for you over there and you're not TOO busy smile

I was hoping you could point me in the right direction for the latest and greatest version of your Task module.

I've just updated via CVS and the files in there seem to date from August-October last year (also the files in the zip accessed via the link Ne Nashev posted on the 9th). The issues I had before are still there which leads me to think I've not managed to get my hands on the latest version.

If you could clarify things for me I'd be grateful smile

Yours, with fingers crossed,
Harry
In reply to Just H

by Jeff Graham -
Hi Harry,

Thanks for the interest. I have been trying to roll over our existing project database into the new one; it's been quite a ride.

I have not updated CVS in a long while as I have been just too busy. Also, unfortunately some decisions I have had to make to meet our needs have led to a lessening of the general nature I was hoping to preserve so that other people could use it. sad

Having said that I will post here when I get a chance to update the version in CVS and give an assessment of its current status.

We should be live with this here starting on March 1st, the initial plan was Nov. 1st, so don't hold your breath wink
In reply to Jeff Graham

by Just H -
Hi Jeff

Thanks for the update, will hold my breath as long as possible for this one dead

As mentioned a few months back, all things going well, this module along with a couple of other would get me within inches of the holy grail . . . to get rid of Lotus/IBM products smile

Thanks again to you and the team over there for all your hard work and supporting the Moodle community as a whole, very much appreciated by us "script challenged" users!

Take it easy and I look forward to your next update.

Harry
In reply to Jeff Graham

by Just H -
Hello again Jeff

Hope you managed to go live . . . and get some sleep in at some time! Any news?

I know, I know . . . patience is a virtue but the potential for your Task module is just soooooo tempting and I'm about to collapse through lack of oxygen and antici...
In reply to Just H

by Jeff Graham -
Hi Harry,

Shortly before going live I was informed this was supposed to include our sister depertment surprise, which has a very different workflow and was not in the original plan of development. So there was a massive list of features to add to accomodate their needs.mixed

I'm hoping that the new additions and modifications will be stable enough to post an update mid next month, right now some things are changing too much.

Hopefully, it will still be general enough to be useful to everyone interested here. I'll keep you posted.
In reply to Jeff Graham

by Just H -
Hi Jeff

Thanks for the update . . . gottal love that spec creep! ;)

No worries, last week we had a look at fixing up the little bugs we had on our installed version that was stopping us using it on a production server (saving permissions, Aussie dates rather than American, 2 home's in the breadcrumbs - and all seems good).

At the moment it is good to go for us and we'll tweak if we need to (no real idea how, but we managed to fix the above somehow).

Thanks again for all your work on this and other modules out of Humboldt, look forward to seeing the final version, I'm sure it will be pretty cool.

Remember to try and get some sleep!

Later
H
In reply to Jeff Graham

by Just H -
G'day Jeff

How's life across the water?

We've spent the past couple of days trying to figure out a problem we're having: in the forum within a task, we can't seem to increase upload size? Site is set for 150MB, the course the task in is set for 150MB but we can't seem to get the forum more than the default 500Kb (forums not in a task are fine).

One of the team is having a look through the code to figure out where it gets it from but not having much luck.

Would apprecate it if you could give us a hint as to what we are missing while I still have some hair left smile

regards
H
In reply to Just H

by Jeff Graham -
Hi Harry,

You need to look in lib.php under the function task_add_instance().

Change the value of the following line;
$forum->maxbytes = 512000;              // 512KB max upload
Change that to whatever value is appropriate, maybe even just change it to match the course or site max. That will make all new forums have the new value. You will also need to go into the database and update the existing forum instances.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jeff Graham

by Just H -
Jeff

You've just made our weekend big grin

My colleague reckons he was narrowing it down but I reckon we would still have been working it out next week!

Much appreciated. Enjoy the weekend smile

H
In reply to Jeff Graham

by Carlyon Russell -
Hi Jeff

We are running Moodle On Windows and IIS. I have been adjusting the  usual variables with a view to increase the upload limit to 20 M. It was at 5Mb but has inched up to 8Mb.
Following on your advice to make an adjustment to lib.phb, at the risk of sounding naive which lib.php file since a search produced quite a number of them and I have been searching and have not yet found the task_add_instance() function?

Thanks
In reply to Carlyon Russell

by Jeff Graham -
Hi Carlyon,

My post above only pertains to the task module that is available via CVS/contrib. The directions above do not pertain to a general moodle installation. The lib.php I was referring to is in {$CFG->dirroot}/mod/task/ only if you have installed the task module.

To me it sounds like you are having a different issue with server configuration. Have you checked your php.ini? The max upload for that is typically set to 8 Mb. I'm not sure how IIS handles max upload, but you may want to check there as well. The other place is in moodle config: admin -> config and look at the setting of maxbytes.

regards
In reply to Jeff Graham

Milestones

by Joan Codina Filba -
Its a great tool to manage projects inside moodle but... for teaching project management, as  a teacher, I need to grade and supervise my students.
So it would be very useful for me to be able to grade a project or task
One way to perform this is to allow adding assignments to each subtask. The assignment is the final work for that task and it can be graded by the teacher and give feedback.
Even as a subtask can be assigned to a set of students they should be able to work together as a team, so only post the final result only once and the teacher gives them feedback also only once.
In this way students get used to work on a project tool under a correct supervision by its teacher

Joan

In reply to Joan Codina Filba

Re: Milestones

by Julian Whitehead -

This looks to be an awesome tool - and very much needed for the teaching of Applied GCE ICT in the UK.

How stable is it? Is it worth my while groping around in CVS for the latest version to play with or am I better off waiting until a major release happens? Will this form part of the 1.6 release?

Sorry lots of questions!

Cheers

Julian

In reply to Julian Whitehead

Re: Milestones

by Jeff Graham -
Hi Julian,

The version in CVS is fairly stable. I'm working on a pretty big set of changes and not updating CVS as it is easier to deal with; there are lots of changes on this end, and the code is unstable.

The changes I'm making locally are making the project less general so this version may be better; although I am hoping that I have made the changes such that there are useful to others or they don't impede the generality of the module.

This will not be part of 1.6 core, but should work with it as well. Having said that though the target for us here is 1.5.3+, so there may be some inconsistencies.

This project is intended to replace our current project management tool(s), and as such it is geared for more of a business setting rather than academic. However, I have tried my best where possible to generalize the features, but there have been some demands that probably do not make too much sense outside of our business model and workflow.
In reply to Jeff Graham

by Just H -
Thanks guys, yet more excellent work smile much appreciated.

At the moment the dates are in month/day/year format, is there anywhere to change that?

I've had a look for somewhere to configure it but with no success, forum posts etc. are in day/month/year format so guessing it's not picking up on site wide settings or I'm missing something obvious?

regards
H
In reply to Jeff Graham

by Julian Ridden -
Is there a way of changing the default width of the generated chart? I use a fixed width theme that is is breaking.

Many thanks.

Julian

by Julian Ridden -
Answered my own question. In case anyone else was wondering.

Edit gantt.php and look for $graph = new GanttGraph(600,0,"auto", 1);

the 600 in this case is the width.
In reply to Jeff Graham

task/bug tracker: PostgreSQL problem

by Utkarshraj Atmaram -

I tried to create a postgresql7.sql file (attached) for this module. However, user (which has been used as an attributed name in table task_team_member) is a reserved keyword in SQL92 and SQL99. So, PostgreSQL refuses to entertain the following SQL code:

CREATE TABLE prefix_task_team_member (
id bigserial,
task numeric(10) NOT NULL default 0,
course numeric(10) NOT NULL default 0,
user numeric(10) NOT NULL default 0,
role numeric(10) NOT NULL default 0,
PRIMARY KEY (id)
);

Can you fix this problem by renaming the user to something else?

In reply to Utkarshraj Atmaram

Re: task/bug tracker: PostgreSQL problem

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
According to the Moodle coding guides, the column should be called userid (and the course one courseid). http://docs.moodle.org/en/Coding#Database_structures.

However, the way round your immedate problem is to quote the field name:

CREATE TABLE prefix_task_team_member (
id bigserial,
task numeric(10) NOT NULL default 0,
course numeric(10) NOT NULL default 0,
"user" numeric(10) NOT NULL default 0,
role numeric(10) NOT NULL default 0,
PRIMARY KEY (id)
);

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/sql-keywords-appendix.html

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Jeff Graham -
Hi Tim,

Unfortunately the coding guidelines are not consistent with what is present in the database. AFAIK all of the modules use 'course' rather than 'courseid'. I went with this method in case some core module code used 'course' rather than 'courseid'.
In reply to Jeff Graham

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I know, some of the coding guidelines were written after some of the APIs were defined. That's life.
In reply to Jeff Graham

by sam marshall -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
The module's main table has to use 'course' rather than 'courseid', but that doesn't apply to any other tables that the module might create. Apart from the main table, any tables the module makes for itself will remain unmolested by the system (except that it will try to delete them when it uninstalls the module).

At least, that's my understanding.

--sam
In reply to Utkarshraj Atmaram

by Derry Lyons -

COOL! Wish I had read the forum before converting the script to Postgres.

I had difficulty inserting the default values with a ' ', but found that using the word default would take the next sequential value. Works like a champ! Updated version of the script is attached.

In reply to Jeff Graham

Re: task/bug tracker UPDATE SOON!

by Jeff Graham -
For those of you that are interested or have been holding your breath in anticipation. wink

I will be making a huge update to this module once I can get connected to sourceforge's cvs (it looks like it is still having some issues). This should hopefully happen sometime this week.

There have been some drastic changes made to meet our specific needs here.  Unfortunately these changes may not make sense in general; consequently the version available via cvs now may suit your needs better. So I strongly suggest testing the new version before you decide to upgrade over your existing version that you are currently using.

I will post more info here once I can update via CVS along with some preliminary documentation.
In reply to Jeff Graham

Re: task/bug tracker UPDATE SOON!

by Just H -
Hi Jeff

Great news big grin was just thinking about how you where going with the modules and low and behold . . . your update!

Whether the latest version suits our requirements I'll find out in due course, but as far as I'm concerned, the version I am using now works well for us so anything else is a bonus.

Hopefully the guys and girls at sourceforge will get CVS fixed up again sooner rather than later!

Regards
H
In reply to Jeff Graham

Re: task/bug tracker update in CVS

by Jeff Graham -
Alright it is in CVS! Everything should be there unless I messed something up or forgot a few files. wink It's the end of the day. Let me know if you happen to get any weird messages.

The block_timetracker has also been updated.

PLEASE: Make sure to backup your db before using these. Also I would not recomend running on a production site (although we are big grin) until you have checked to make sure it meets your needs.

Also note the files request.php and request.html allow for a non-authenticated user to request a project that will be inserted into a course. This was required for us but most of you will probably want to remove this as it has a potential for abuse/security issues. Also the associated queue.php/html files may not make sense for you either.

Another change is that jpgraph has been removed. The functionality framework is still there I just wanted to avoid any licensing issues as well as point out that there are different versions of jpgraph depending on which php version you use. Head over to http://www.aditus.nu/jpgraph/ and grab the appropriate version if you want to use gantt charts. Make sure to use the jpg-config.src provided via cvs rather than the one bundle with the jgpraph download.

The attached documentation should give a decent overview of all of the available processes.

Hope you find it useful.
In reply to Jeff Graham

by Just H -
Hi Jeff

Congratulations in finishing, must feel good big grin

There has indeed been major changes since I installed a version a while back, very impressive on my initial scan through. On initial look at the documentation I think it may be too specific for my requirements but will have a proper look later. As mentioned, what you provided earlier works for us anyway so might stick to that and see if there is anything we can "borrow" from the new version wink

I really like the fact you attached the pdf, one of the main problems I find as a newbie is trying to figure out what exactly a block or module does so thanks a lot for that. Will be good when all mods/blocks/contribs are listed in the database with a decent description.

Onto the next big project or are you taking a break?

Later
H
In reply to Just H

by Jeff Graham -
It does feel pretty good to move on to other projects, but I'm a little disappointed that this project couldn't have been more general so it could be useful to more people. There are also a few shortcomings in its current state.

As far as current projects right now I'm investing if I need to develop a way for our faculty to re-use a course or if something already part of 1.6 works or could be extended for this functionality. We have authentication and course creation/enrollment running via LDAP so courses for the next semester are being created automatically and we are trying to minimize the amount of work that faculty need to do in order to push existing course content and structure into next semesters course. The copy course content is oh so close, but doesn't include sections and blocks. I've got a list of things to do. Some of the others are;
  • verifying that certain bugs that we experienced with LDAP have been resolved in head. We created a work around, but would like to move away to a better long term solution.
  • fixing other bugs
  • probably some gradebook optimizations due to higher mysql target version in 1.6
  • taking a look a where Matt Oquist is at with his portfolio module and seeing if our team can help at all
  • helping new hires come up to speed with php/moodle
  • hopefully getting the go ahead to setup a cvs server locally
  • and much more. big grin
In reply to Jeff Graham

by Tom Hogan -
Hello,

Sorry to revive an old, dead thread, but this is an ideal module for me.

I am currently using dotProject as a project management tool, but started looking for a Moodle module/plugin to replace it, because:
  1. dotProject is "overkill", not very usable for less technical users than me wink
  2. users have to log in to a separate site, instead of keeping everything on one site.
  3. dotProject requires an extra site to maintain, with a database to back up, etc.
I tried installing the latest version of your module, but got errors. I assume it is because my Moodle version is too new (1.8 stable).

I have looked at the Technical project module (http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?d=13&rid=799), but I´m not sure it is in English - it may only be in French. Also, it´s very early in development.

Do you know what is required to make this module 1.8 compatible? I am no programmer, but one can always hope I would be able to hack something together...
In reply to Tom Hogan

by Colin Chambers -
Yes this would be fantastic for me too. I'm working on the Offline Moodle project and don't currently have anthing suitable online. I would love to manage things within Moodle.
In reply to Jeff Graham

by sam salt -

can i use this , please send me the url or instruction to use this bug tracker..