Quiz Timer Hack

Re: Quiz Timer Hack

by Paul Norrod -
Number of replies: 3

Timothy, I used the original Quiz Timer Hack and found that it would work with IE, but would not show the time for any Mozilla (Netscape) or Firebird users.  A friend I work with looked at it and found something IE-specific in the coding in the mod/quiz/attempt.php file hack code.  I am not sure what he changed, but it now works for me in those browsers.  Of course, that may not what your problem is, but in case it helps , I have attached my modified attempt.php file - what he changed was in the html that acutally shows the time remaining.

Hope this helps!

In reply to Paul Norrod

by Timothy Takemoto -

Thanks Paul Norrod,

I just found out that Chris U's hack does not work in Safari on Mac either. Thanks very much for this updated version. Now all I need to do is to add in Mr. Dzon's simplied timing hack too.

Tim
Timothy Takemoto

In reply to Timothy Takemoto

by Genner Cerna -

It's good to be back... Kinda busy... Anyway, I've read the treads... Maybe this things could be implemented in new moodle version...

What do you think Tim? is it possible...

In reply to Genner Cerna

by Timothy Takemoto -

Hi Genna,

That is not for me to decide. However...As you will see from the Moodle For Language Teaching course, a very php programmer by the name of Gordon Bateson is thinking of doing various things for the quiz module in February, under Martin's supervision. Maybe we will be in luck. I certainly hope so.

Tim