Report plugins: Item Analysis v 0.2

Report plugins: Item Analysis v 0.2

by Enrique Castro -
Number of replies: 7
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Hi,
    In a recent thread Gustav Delius presented the new architecture for quiz reports and asked for contributed plug-ins. Here is one: Item Analysis.

As I have explained in that thread, this plugin builds a table to determine the performance of each item (questions) for the assessment of learners ability at quiz. Te table presents a list o all questions (even random questions) and suitable statistics.

This is not a final release but it works, and I would appreciate testing and feedback. Some question types are not considered (because I do not know how to manage them yet): random match, remote and Cloze. The table is not sortable by column (for the moment).

- Enrique -
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Enrique Castro

Re: Report plugins: Item Analysis v 0.2

by Enrique Castro -
This is just an screenshot to see how the table looks like.
Blue are right answers and red wrong ones. Styling can be changed at the Theme level.

Attachment screen1.gif

by Gustav W Delius -
Very nice, Enrique. I hope to put it into CVS this afternoon to make it easy for other developers to contribute.

Please note that this report plug-in is for Moodle 1.5 alpha, not for Moodle 1.4.

by Don Hinkelman -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Enrique,
Thanks for working on the Detailed Statistics.  Hope you saw this previous discussion with Tom, Gustav and I.  A key requirement for us in the old version is the Excel export.  Will this be included?   With the Excel export of data (see example), then in the plugin you don't have to worry about the format of the reports.  Each teacher can format it in Excel with the particular data needed for their own needs.  For example, when we do language placement tests for 1000 entering freshmen, we export the data for assigning them to classes into Excel files and pass this on to our administration.
In reply to Don Hinkelman

by Enrique Castro -
Hi Don,
    Yes, this in my To-do list. I am now finishing paging and sorting of the table (I think that Moodle must provide that for teachers with not so large classes/quizzes).
I had a look at Tom Robbs' Detailed Statistics code and I want to reuse  his approach for saving as CSV and Excel, if I can.

- Enrique -

by Gustav W Delius -
Can you design your table with paging, sorting and exporting in such a way that it can be reused in other contexts? That would be extremely useful for Moodle.

by Enrique Castro -
Hi,

This is a new version of Analysis report, with the missing functions that were available at the good old "Detailed statistics".
I have added support for OpenOffice format . The zip include a library to be unzipped into /lib/dir. Just to see if there is any other people interested in OOo.

by Don Hinkelman -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Thank you very much, Enrique!  smile   At the moment I cannot install it but I am very much looking forward to using it this coming semester.