Teachers getting blank screens when editing

Teachers getting blank screens when editing

by David Dunn -
Number of replies: 2

Running Moodle 2.2.3 (Build: 20120514).

I previously posted about the first appearance of this issue (here), but I now see the issue is much more serious.

When a teacher tries to edit certain things (topic summaries, add new event, edit course settings), the screen goes blank apart from the beginning of the page title (e.g. SUMMARY OF GENERAL) and debugging gives the message:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class phpFlickr in /home/moodle/public_html/lib/flickrlib.php on line 38

The line in question is

class phpFlickr {

This error appears when there is no reason to call Flickr, for example, when trying to edit course settings. What is weird is that when "Turn editing on" is turned off, the teacher CAN edit the course settings.

Note also that Admin can edit everything without errors. The teacher in question has deleted his original account and re-registered afresh, without the issue changing.

I first thought it was an issue with importing a course from an older Moodle 2.x site, but the same blank screens appear with a newly created course.

This is quite critical for us at the begininng of the year, so quick fixes would be appreciated. What about upgrading to the latest version we can support (2.2.4+)? Or deleting anything related to Flickr? I use the Flickr public repository.

- David

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Dunn

Re: Teachers getting blank screens when editing

by Rob Johnson -

I would try disabling the Flickr repository to see if the issue goes away.  I know that is not a long term solution, but at least you would know the cause.