Two things I don't like about 2.3v

Two things I don't like about 2.3v

by Luciana Oliveira -
Number of replies: 3

Just installed it. It has very nice improvments, but:

- I'm forced to have topic names in course page (the default ones or some other name I can choose). I like to design my own topic header image banners and having a topic text name just above it completely destroys my page design. Can this be changed?

- I can no longer choose to open the resource "article" (previous web page) in a pop-up window.

Are there solutions for this?

Luciana

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Luciana Oliveira

Re: Two things I don't like about 2.3v

by Gavin Henrick -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Luciana,

The admin needs to set under Site administration/ ► Plugins/ ► Activity modules/ ► Page

To enable "in popup" as an option.

Also in the default values, best to untick advanced under Display and the Width/Height options.

Then a web page create settings page will have the option to be in a popup and configure the size  without having to click advanced button.

It is still caused webpage in my 2.3 - not sure where you mean "article" for

I am sure you could remove the section names using css in the theme if you wanted something perhaps like

<style type="text/css">h3.sectionname{display:none !important;}</style>

Average of ratings: Useful (4)
In reply to Gavin Henrick

by Luciana Oliveira -

Hi Gavin,

You'r right. My portuguese translation calls webpage "artigo" and its confusing. I'll change that smile Thanks for the tips on this smile

About the CSS rule for not displaying the section names, will the code you suggested prevent other users from using section names? All I wanted was to maintain the previous configuration. If you want it its there, if you don't its not.

In reply to Gavin Henrick

by Doug Moody -

Gavin,

I agree with your recommendations. I have set mine up as you suggested. Thanks.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)