Database of external tools that can be integrated in Moodle

Database of external tools that can be integrated in Moodle

by Juan Leyva -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I think that a database activity in this course (contrib section) for keeping a list of external tools that supports IMS LTI will be a good idea

Gavin has pointed out some tools

http://www.somerandomthoughts.com/blog/2011/11/28/moodle-2-supports-connecting-to-ims-lti-tools/

Any chance to be created?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Juan Leyva

Re: Database of external tools that can be integrated in Moodle

by John Andrewartha -

This is a good mod.  Thank you Juan.  Now the question of some docs for it.

Seeing as Moodle can be a supporter as well as a client.  Different servers.

How does one set up a moodle to be a provider? I installed the mod and it registered OK.  I did config and it never blew up.  But when I embed from a to the provider (B) no resource.

I love the idea we can have one source of share standard objects, rather than having to import and muck around at course level.

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Juan, thanks for your suggestion of collecting info on external tools supporting IMS LTI. How about starting by making a list in the docs here: Using External tool.

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Jared Stein -

My colleagues at Instructure set up an LTI tools example index https://lti-examples.heroku.com

I haven't tested these all in Moodle 2, but they are definitely worth checking out. This might help feed a database in this course.