Course Completion says “You are not enroled in this course”

Course Completion says “You are not enroled in this course”

by Carlos Sanchez -
Number of replies: 5

Using Moodle 2.1.

My Course Completion Block tells my student “You are not enroled in this course”. I have tried using manual enrollment and self enrolment. The user shows up as enrolled properly from Participants section.

Course completion is enable at the server level, the course level, and the Activities Completed section of the Course Completion settings are all setup.

I tried deleting a recreating the user but the issue persists.

Any ideas on what is missing?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Carlos Sanchez

Re: Course Completion says “You are not enroled in this course”

by Carlos Sanchez -

I figured out that the course completion is only tracking users with the “manager” role. Once I added the manager roll the Course Completion status shows Status: Pending.

How do I set the system to perform Completion Tracking on Students instead of Manager?

by L Schoreman -

I'm also having trouble with the fairly new Completions feature.  I thought twice before replying here instead of starting a new thread and chose to do so with the prediction that many of the problems that people experience with this new feature might be caused by the same bug. 

The trouble I am having with it is that (on a vanilla Moodle install), individual course items will get marked as complete but even so, the entire course never gets marked as complete, even if I specifically run /lib/completion/cron.php in an attempt to get the system to update itself in that regard. 

I experimented with creating several test courses, each with different completion criteria.  On none of the courses would anything more than the individual activities and/or criteria be marked as complete; the courses themselves were still listed as "in progress" from the student side and simply missing that final checkmark in the admin side. 

The tables in the database aren't updating, either.  I feel I must be missing something huge.  Any suggestions?  Any idea if this problem could be caused by the same thing that is causing Carlos' problem? 

Thanks! 

In reply to L Schoreman

by United Electric IT Department -

I'm having the same issue as you. I did open a tracker and they told me everything was working fine, so I'm not sure what my issue is. They did reccommend running the cron proccess and then checking to see if the completion status changed. I did this as well with no luck. The tracker number is MDL-28997. Oh, here is the other thread too in case you want to read it: http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=182626

by Carlos Sanchez -

I can get the course to complete just fine. The issue is that it only begins tracking if the users has the Manager role. I need the completion tracking to work for users with the Student role.

Is there some place to configure which roles will have thier completion tracked?

by Carlos Sanchez -

I finally figured it out. I needed to set the Graded roles to count Students.

During my initial setup, I miss understood the configuration option and set the Graded Roles to Managers only. Once I removed Managers and added Students both the Gradebook and Completion Tracking started working properly.

Attachment Graded Roles.png