Flowplayer IE issues in 2.0.3

Flowplayer IE issues in 2.0.3

by Jamie Homewood -
Number of replies: 4

Hi Moodlers

I wonder if anybody has come across this Flowplayer problem in 2.0.3?

In Firefox, Safari, Opera the flowplayer displays lovely as below:

but (yes you've guessed it) in IE (all) displays awful:

I've tried to add parameters on the end of the URL '?d=364x200', I get no joy (I wonder if this is now depreciated in 2.+)

I'm not embedding (nor do I wish too), but I'm simply adding a flv to a label.  My movie dimesions are 364x200 which I'm setting in Adobe Media Encoder.  It does seem that Moodle or Flowplayer is enlarging the movie somewhere.

I have found this issue in the tracker, http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-25488 but would have to argue that it's fixed as I'm using the latest version!

If anybody can point to where Moodle sets the size, I will manually sort it out.

Any ideas would be gladly receivedsmile

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jamie Homewood

Re: Flowplayer IE issues in 2.0.3

by Jamie Homewood -

Ok sorted it out.  If anybody else comes across this issue it's a CSS one.  Find within your stylesheets any styles relating to mediaplugin_* (in my case it was (mediaplugin_flv') and add height and width.  Example below:

.mediaplugin_html5video, .mediaplugin_swf, .mediaplugin_flv, .mediaplugin_real, .mediaplugin_youtube, .mediaplugin_vimeo, .mediaplugin_wmp, .mediaplugin_qt
{
display:block;
margin-top:5px;
margin-bottom:5px;
text-align: center;
height:200px;
width:364px;
}

Hope this helps somebody out;)

by Jamie Homewood -

I was wrong, this doesn't work, anybody ever come across this problem, or is the bug just being ignored?????

by Derek Chirnside -

This is a non answer Jamie, sorry.

Don't know Jamie.  Maybe "ignored for the time being" as 2.1 is worked on.  No-one likes working on IE problems.  BTW: You have not said what version of IE you are using.  Moodle does not support some versions I sem to remember reading . . .

I have still not got comfortable with media in 2.0.  I started tonight to work on the docs.  There is no reference to Flowplayer in the docs, and I was not even sure of a good way to write the stuff.

I'd say:

1. Check on the Moodle test site here with IE and a file to see if it is not something funy with your site
    Ie, check the bug is a bug.
  2. Check the tracker once more, post where you can.  See this comment: "Petr Škoda (skodak) added a comment - 18/Mar/11 3:55 AM -Hello, new flow player integration is available in the latest weekly build, the old players and embedding scripts were removed completely. The flash videos are being resized automatically using the built-in metadata. Thanks for the report, patches and participation here. Please report any remaining issues as new bugs, ciao! Petr"
    Post a new report.
  3. Email Petr as he shut http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-25488.
  4. Post back here - and we will vote.

Yeah, a bit of work I know.

I'm just having a Moodle free spell starting tonight, otherwise I'd do some checking, as I am interested in media at the moment.

-Derek