Moodle documentation: Update on Moodle 2.0 Docs

Re: Moodle documentation: Update on Moodle 2.0 Docs

by Frank Ralf -
Number of replies: 2
@ 3)
I think it's difficult to draw the line between what is development-related and what isn't.

For example the following is my "mantra" when giving advice in the Themes forum (which I would not deem to be development-related):

"CSS FAQ and Themes FAQ are good starting points for learning more about CSS and theming. And use Firebug for analyzing and modifying a webpage's CSS."

* Firebug used to be in the Developer namespace but hasn't been moved to the development docs (yet)
* Themes FAQ should be part of the normal documentation (or the one for admins), it contains many answers to regularly posted questions in the Themes forum.
* CSS FAQ contains general information on CSS aimed at non-developers.

IMHO the development documentation should only contain information for "hard core" developers, i.e. programmers. I wouldn't count theme modifications under development.

Frank

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Frank Ralf

by Frank Ralf -
Just some more points to consider:

* Themes is part of the user/admin documentation, why not Themes FAQ?

* Special:PopularPages could give some hints which pages are most popular and as such probably read by "the general public" instead of only coders.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Frank Ralf

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thanks Frank, I've followed your suggestion and moved Themes FAQ back to the user docs.