where is Questionnaire Reports page?

where is Questionnaire Reports page?

by Jean Jones -
Number of replies: 11

Sorry, I guess this sounds obvious but I looked through the documentation under Viewing Reports and I don't see any information on where to find the Questionnaire Reports page.

On the course page (where the activities/topics are added) I looked under Reports (in the Administrator column) and didn't see anything labeled 'Questionnaire.'

If I click on the specific survey, as admin, I don't see any view results options.

Where is this reports page where I can view stats on how what the highest responses were for each question for example?

Thanks,

Jean

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jean Jones

Re: where is Questionnaire Reports page?

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Are you not seeing the "All Responses" tab? Are you sure you have the necessary "rights"/capabilities to view thoses responses? Are they any responses in that questionnaire?

Joseph

Attachment 18-03-2011 22-59-08.jpg
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Jean Jones -

I cannot seem to find how to get to the page that shows the tabs indicated above.

This is our first class and we've had 11 students take the survey.

Here is the course window that I'm looking at where the survey is located.

I'm logged in as Admin and set with permissions on everything.

If I click on the 'Survey' (the Questionnaire activity) it responds as though it thinks I want to take the survey.

If I click on 'Questionnaire' in the Activities column on the left side, it also take me to the survey as though I'm intending to take the survey.

Where am I to go from here to see the results of the 11 students who just completed this survey?

Also, when I go to Reports and view student activities, it shows the students as having submitted the survey (questionnaire), I just cannot figure out how to get to that tabbed screen. smile

In reply to Jean Jones

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Jean "If I click on the 'Survey' (the Questionnaire activity) it responds as though it thinks I want to take the survey."

What do you mean? Do you mean that the only tab you can see is "View"? Please provide a screenshot. Did you create the questions in that questionnaire yourself? Can you create/modify questions in that questionnaire?

Was that questionnaire created as "public" in another course than the one you are viewing and by another teacher on your site? Can you switch from admin to teacher role and see what happens?

Joseph

by Jean Jones -

Hi Joseph,

I cannot find the a page that has the tabs on it. Do you have a few steps on how to get to the page with the tabs? I am using Moodle 1.9. As admin, I created the questionnairre and added the questions to it.

This questionnaire was created as a public survey for our instructor-led courses. Whenever someone takes an instructor-led class, at the end of the class, they log into Moodle and they go to the specific Moodle course (created for the class) and complete the online survey. Then they can get their online certificate.

So, each of our instructor-led classes has this questionnaire attached to it as a topic.

The students have been completing the questionnaire successfully for multiple classes. And I can see in the Report logs where they have submitted the questionnaire.

HOWEVER, I cannot get to the Results page. I do not know how to access this page that contains the tabs.

Here is a shot of the Questionnaire listing.

If I click on this link here (or if I click on it in the Topics listing), as either Admin or Teacher, I get this:

But there are no tabs anywhere on this page--only the course path.

If I go to Update this Questionnaire that does not take me to the Results page either.

Should I click something here to get to the tabbed Results page?

And I set up the questionnaire with this criteria:

Since it is a survey, there is no grading and it is anonymous.

In reply to Jean Jones

by Joseph Rézeau -

You can only view responses to a public questionnaire if you go to the course where that public questionnaire was originally created (and you have admin or teacher role in that course, of course).

See the documentation here: Public questionnaire roll out to multiple courses.

Joseph

by Jean Jones -

Ok, so we did something incorrectly. Now I'm facing another problem...

For Respondent Eligibility, we did not select Students only. (And now when I look at the settings for completed questionnaires, that field is grayed out with 'replaced by role 'overrides' and I can't modify it.)

For Questionnaire type, we did not specify Private.

So, when I go to the original course and view the results, it shows the results of the survey from *all* the classes rather than by class.

Is there any way to reverse this?

R Jean

In reply to Jean Jones

by Jean Jones -

And I can see why you set it up this way. But we don't have concerns about our teachers seeing the questionnaire feedback for their classes because we've specified 'Anonymous' and we thought the teachers would want to see the feedback from each class.

In reply to Jean Jones

by Joseph Rézeau -

Then you should have created your original questionnaire as Template, not Public.

Please read the documentation again.

Joseph

by Jean Jones -

Ok, I finally have it working. Thanks!

To get this to work, I:

1. Created a hidden directory called Surveys.

2. Created a course for each of the three survey types (Instructor-Led, Online, and Webex) and made sure the questionnaires were each set as Template.

3. Then, for each course, I specified 'Copy as' and pointed to the template.

Checked the Advanced tab to verify that for that course, it indicated 'Private.'

4. Now when the students complete the questionnaire (survey), I can retrieve the results for that specific class.

The only thing I could not modify was the Respondent Eligibility Field (but it doesn't seem to matter for what we are trying to do).

Thanks again.

In reply to Jean Jones

by Joseph Rézeau -

Jean "The only thing I could not modify was the Respondent Eligibility Field (but it doesn't seem to matter for what we are trying to do)."

Go to Update this Questionnaire button  -> Override permissions tab

and select the role(s) for which you want to change permissions for the Complete and submit a questionnaire feature.

Joseph

In reply to Jean Jones

by Jean Jones -

It seems that if:

1) I'm Admin and have access to all courses and full admin permissions

2) I create a public questionnaire and reuse that questionnaire for multiple courses...

...that I should be able to view the results of the questionnaire for any of those courses.

Is this correct?

Thanks,

Robin