Editing quiz questions

Editing quiz questions

by Matt Fedorko -
Number of replies: 3

I didn't see a special forum for the Question Bank, so it's going here.

I am using both Chrome and IE8, Moodle 2.0.1+. Not sure which build exactly, but I can find out if it's necessary.

Assume I have created a new numerical quiz question, and I have selected "Only the numerical answer will be graded, Unit1" will be shown under "Units handling" in that question. I have also entered a unit into the box beside "Unit1" below.

Then, when I go back to edit the question later, it has correctly saved all of my information but it has NOT saved my radio button selection in the "Units handling" section, reverting to "Only the numerical answer will be graded, no units allowed." If I try to save changes without checking this area, it will revert to the same page and demand I remove my unit from the Unit1 box.

I have not checked to see if this behavior is the same with the other two options under "Units handling" nor have I checked to see if it's happening with the other numerical types of questions (calculated, etc).

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Matt Fedorko

Re: Editing quiz questions

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

This is the right place to discuss the question bank.

However, you have found a bug. Please could you report it to the Moodle bug Tracker.

In reply to Matt Fedorko

by Mike Holzer -
In reply to Mike Holzer

by Justin Lloyd -

Hello,

I have had an issue for years that I cannot seem to get answers for. We have a large Moodle campus with several instances of a course. Whenever we make a change to an exam question (in the bank), the old question re-appears at a later date. We have gone as far as editing the question in the bank and then editing each and every instance of the exams that use this edited question, be they always manage to revert back to the original at a later date. Isn't there a universal way of editing exam questions that would propagate across all exams that use this edited question?

--Justin

P.S. Using Moodle 1.9.11