Quiz not closed - can't grade

Quiz not closed - can't grade

by Manfred K -
Number of replies: 6

Using Moodle 1.8.

Although a quiz is closed, there are some attempts of students not closed, and therefore I can't grade the quiz.

How can I manually close those attempts?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Manfred K

Re: Quiz not closed - can't grade

by Itamar Tzadok -

If you have the option to 'login on behalf' enabled you can log in on behalf these student and close the attempts. You will have, of course, to set the quiz such that you will be able to continute the attempts. I can't think of any other way (in 1.8) but to ask the students to come to the office, set  the quiz to open, let them log in continue and close, and then reset the quiz. smile

In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by Manfred K -

thanks a lot - this worked smile

In reply to Manfred K

by Stephen Taylor -

Where can you find the "login on behalf" option ? (I use 9.18) and does this have to be set prior to students taking a quiz?

Thanks

In reply to Stephen Taylor

by Stephen Taylor -

...Oops, that's 1.98.

In reply to Stephen Taylor

by Itamar Tzadok -

That's the capability 'loginas'. It is allowed by default to administrator but need to be set in other roles as required. See Site administration | Users | Permissions | Define roles. See also docs http://docs.moodle.org/en/Capabilities/moodle/user:loginas. smile

In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by Stephen Taylor -

Thanks Itamar, I now have my gradebook back under control.

Here's an extract of the "View Profile" page:

Login As

To Login as another user navigate to their profile view and click the Login as button. When you will be advised You are logged in as [person] press the Continue button.

The site will display your logged in status as [Your name] You are logged in as [Other user name] (Logout). To return to your own login click your name or select Logout to log out of the site entirely.

It is important to note that the system Logs still record any action you undertake when loggedin as another user, under your account.

... Thought it could be useful for others to find in this thread.