Using OneNote in Moodle

Using OneNote in Moodle

by Stef Cooke -
Number of replies: 2

A colleague has asked an interesting question and I have no answer. Can anyone here help??

Her exact request was this

"I've recently started using OneNote for putting my lecture notes, revision materials, homework tasks etc on for my A level students.  I like the idea of being able to share these things with my students and having a two-way e-resource with them.  

I uploaded the file to the virtual learning environment (Moodle) but, whilst it worked really well when I tested it at work last week, I can't access it from home because it says the book needs to be 'live'.

How do I make it live? (answers in simple terms please, I'm rubbish at technological issues!)"

Can anyone help?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stef Cooke

Re: Using OneNote in Moodle

by Roger Solis -

I use OneNote as well but for myself not to share.  Class Notes are done using Journal Writer on my PC Tablet.  To post those on my course Moodle I have to export it as a Web Complete File.  If you have newer windows and office version you might be able to save as and save it as a PDF file then upload it.  I try to go the PDF file as much as possible because where as PDF's work on all machines the Web Complete will only open on PC's not on Mac's.

Hope this helps.

In reply to Stef Cooke

Re: Using OneNote in Moodle

by Paul Ganderton -
Hi Stef, I use OneNote to get student files onto Moodle. I think I may be able to suggest a way forward. Initially, I had issues sharing files. However, if you save it as a package you can easily import/export. To do this: a. Select the OneNote notebook you want to upload b. Depending on your version (I knew 2007 but they've just upgraded me to Office 2010 and I'm lost!!) go to file > save as> and select onenote package (*.onepkg). This bundles the entire notebook. c. Upload this to Moodle. d. Students download and then 'unpack' the notebook onto their computers. The only issue here is that you can't sync notebooks but I guess that wasn't your issue in the first place. Hope that helps, Paul