Login and Guest Issue

Login and Guest Issue

by James Stewart -
Number of replies: 4
Hey all,

I am a k12 educator in the US who is using moodle to supplement my classes. Some of my students are having some strange login issues that I can't figure out.

I am using bluehost to host my moodle installation, and installed using simplescripts. Here's what is happening:

It seems that at certain times of day (unpredictable it seems), some students are not able to log in to the site. After they enter their login name and password, the login screen will just refresh. The strange thing is that if they wait and come back a couple of hours later, they can oftentimes login then.

Going to (My Site)--->Reports--->Logs--->Site errors will reveal multiple "login errors", but I'm not sure how to get anymore information than that.

Additionally, my guest account, although enabled for the course, doesn't seem to EVER work. Upon clicking "Sign in as guest", the login screen simply refreshed with "Guest" in the username field, and the message "invalid login, please try again"

Any help would be appreciated. It's driving me and my students crazy!!!

-James Stewart

Average of ratings: -
In reply to James Stewart

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

Re: Login and Guest Issue

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi James and Sal,

Sorry to hear you're both having problems with students not being able to login. The only thing I can suggest is to check the possible causes and solutions given in the Installation FAQ to the question "I can't log in - I just stay stuck on the login screen".

In reply to Deleted user

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.