Can't Upgrade from 2.0 rev 09/10 to 09/14

Can't Upgrade from 2.0 rev 09/10 to 09/14

by Clarence Prudhoe -
Number of replies: 3

I tried to upgrade

to: Moodle 2.0 Preview 4+ (Build: 20100914)

I got the following error message and it would not complete the upgrade.

I have been upgrading everyday but I have been away since the 10th.  Perhapse, if I could get the .zip files for the 11th, 12th, and 13th, I could upgrade to each of these and catch up to the current version for 09/14.

Does anyone know where to get the past few versions or have any other ideas how to fix this?

Attachment upgrade_error.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Clarence Prudhoe

Re: Can't Upgrade from 2.0 rev 09/10 to 09/14

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
This was caused MDL-22693 (near the end of the comments).

I have no idea where that index is coming from. I can't see any code that creates it. Any help diagnosing or fixing this would be appreciated.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Clarence Prudhoe -

Hi Tim,

Thanks,  I ran the SQL queries you had in MDL-22693 and that fixed the problem. 

Unfortunatenatly, I have no clue how that index got into my database either.  However, I have 2 Moodle 2.0 test sites that I am keeping updated.  One is a new database installed by Moodle 2.0.  The new database upgraded to 09/14 with no problems.

The one that triggered this error was ported to Moodle 2.0 from Moodle 1.9.9 last August so the extra index must have come over with the port but did not cause a problem until now.

Also, the KEY `mdl_blocinst_par_ix` (`parentcontextid`) was not in the ported 1.9 database so I added it.  But mdl_blocinst_par_ix is in the new 2.0 database.

Thanks again for your help.

Clarence

In reply to Clarence Prudhoe

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Ah. It looks like we might have an upgrade bug. The only strange thing is that I don't think that index is there in Moodle 1.9. Weird.