Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: Block type admin has been disabled by the administrator.

Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: Block type admin has been disabled by the administrator.

by dina patil -
Number of replies: 13
I am using moodle 2.0 , while creating new course i am having this error .

can anyone help me ? what is actually going wrong????

Please see the attachment..

Attachment error_on_creating_course.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to dina patil

Re: Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: Block type admin has been disabled by the administrator.

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Mangesh,

Thanks for your help with testing Moodle 2.0. Can you check that you are using the latest Moodle 2.0 Preview 4 version and let us know whether you still obtain the error. (I just tried and failed to reproduce the problem on our Moodle QA testing site.)

Just moving this discussion thread to the testing and QA forum in case other testers have further comments...
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: Block type admin has been disabled by the administrator.

by Gisela Hillenbrand -
Picture of Documentation writers

I still get the same error message when creating a new course using the site admin account - I use Moodle 2.0.1.

Anyhow the course is created - I can see it in the course list. When I click on the course, I get a new error message: "Error finding or creating section structures for this course". Clicking the continue button and again cklicking the course in the course list everything seems ok.

I already compared the enrolment settings of my installation with the moodle demo site installation - I cannot find any difference.

The same problem appears with users having the system role of a coursecreator: In Moodle 1.9.+ they could create new courses and automatically got assigned the teacher role in the new course. Now they can create new courses (with all the errors described above), but when they finally click on the course they get the message "You cannot enrol yourself in the course".

Site administration > plugins > Enrolments > manage enrolment plugins: in the settings of both manual enrolments and self enrolment the checkbox "Add instance to new course" ist checked - so I expect that this enrolment plugin is available by default in a new course.

Any help is appreciated!

Gisela

In reply to Gisela Hillenbrand

by Gisela Hillenbrand -
Picture of Documentation writers

Hi,

I found the solution of the problem: I used a Moodle 1.9.+ config file with the following non-default entries:

$CFG->defaultblocks_override = 'activity_modules,recent_activity,search_forums:participants,admin';
$CFG->defaultblocks_topics = 'activity_modules,recent_activity,news_items:participants,admin';
$CFG->defaultblocks_weeks = 'activity_modules,recent_activity,news_items:participants,admin';

Everything works fine after uncommenting these lines.

Seems that these settings are no longer available in Moodle 2.0+.

Gisela

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Gisela, glad you managed to solve the problem. Thanks for your feedback.

by Mat Cannings -

Thank you Gisela,

I had exactly the same problem and your solution quickly lead me to the fix. I just had the single line in my config.php

$CFG->defaultblocks_override =    'calendar_month,admin:news_items,calendar_upcoming,recent_activity';

Once I removed admin from the string and left

$CFG->defaultblocks_override =    'calendar_month:news_items,calendar_upcoming,recent_activity';

Everything worked.

In reply to Mat Cannings

by SVI eSolutions -

Hi, I'm using Moodle 2.0.3 and have tried to add default blocks in the site congig page. I added:

$CFG->defaultblocks_site_override = 'various blocks' ;
$CFG->defaultblocks_topics_override = 'various blocks'; $CFG->defaultblocks_weeks_override = 'various blocks';

But although I no longer get errors, when I add courses blocks not specified in the override still apprear and other blocks added to the list still do not apprear...  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you!

In reply to SVI eSolutions

by SVI eSolutions -

for those of you who might have had the same problem, I found that the course/format/social/cofig in scorm and social were overriding the default blocks added in the main config page! I commented all of those out and set my default blocks in the formats I use, which are week and topic.

hope this helps someone else!

In reply to SVI eSolutions

by Pascal Maury -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hello,

If you have the same error "Block type xxxx has been disabled by the administrator" with another block type like news_items or calendar_upcoming, check if a "space" is not in the line.

For example, I wrote this line in my config.php :
$CFG->defaultblocks_topics = 'participants:online_users,news_items,recent_activity, calendar_upcoming';

and I got the error "Block type calendar_upcoming has been disabled by the administrator" when creating course, because of the space behind calendar_upcoming.

In reply to Pascal Maury

by Santiago Mendoza Ramirez -

Many thanks. This have to be in documentation or in moodle config.php file comments.

In reply to Santiago Mendoza Ramirez

by Rajesh Taneja -

Thanks for bring this to attention Santiago,

https://docs.moodle.org/31/en/Block_layout#Default_block_layout_for_new_courses has been updated to reflect this.

In reply to Rajesh Taneja

by Robin Trangmar -

For some reason we have just run into this error. No site wide changes have been implemented. 

It only happens when we try to edit Forums.

Help!!!

In reply to Robin Trangmar

by Robin Trangmar -

We're still getting this problem.

The suggestions described here have been implemented, latest Moodle code updated, all the plugins updated, without success. This is only affecting the Forums. You can create a forum, post to a forum but not edit which is when the error message appears. TIA

In reply to Robin Trangmar

by Mitchell van Gerwen -

Hello,

I think I encounter this issue to. If a User tries to access a assignment. That error occurs to. The strange thing is, that assignment is not shown in grade book. alle other assignments in the course or other courses does works. only this one occurs the error.

EDIT:

These are the errors I receive:

• line 1262 of /mod/assign/locallib.php: coding_exception thrown
  • line 1374 of /mod/assign/locallib.php: call to assign->get_grade_item()
  • line 649 of /mod/assign/gradingtable.php: call to assign->display_grade()
  • line 876 of /mod/assign/gradingtable.php: call to assign_grading_table->display_grade()
  • line 810 of /lib/tablelib.php: call to assign_grading_table->col_grade()
  • line 471 of /mod/assign/gradingtable.php: call to flexible_table->format_row()
  • line 1493 of /lib/tablelib.php: call to assign_grading_table->format_row()
  • line 1610 of /lib/tablelib.php: call to table_sql->build_table()
  • line 1439 of /mod/assign/renderer.php: call to table_sql->out()
  • line 1235 of /mod/assign/renderer.php: call to mod_assign_renderer->flexible_table()
  • line 319 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to mod_assign_renderer->render_assign_grading_table()
  • line 3785 of /mod/assign/locallib.php: call to plugin_renderer_base->render()
  • line 3870 of /mod/assign/locallib.php: call to assign->view_grading_table()
  • line 572 of /mod/assign/locallib.php: call to assign->view_grading_page()
  • line 52 of /mod/assign/view.php: call to assign->view()

BR,

Mitchell