Will the Attendance block+mod be updated for Moodle 2.0?

Will the Attendance block+mod be updated for Moodle 2.0?

by Richard Webb -
Number of replies: 4
I decided to try the attendance block+mod in my test installation of Moodle 2.0 Preview 4 and get the message, 'Plugin "block/attendance" is defective or outdated, can not continue, sorry.' Not surprising, of course. Has work begun on modifying this to work with Moodle 2.0? I know I have considered this one of the vital functions that Moodle provides and value its continued development.

Richard
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard Webb

Re: Will the Attendance block+mod be updated for Moodle 2.0?

by Henry Herrick -
Richard we to are very dependent on the attendance block and have found it very benificial to our institution. I feel this is one of the most useful features moodle has and should be a standard part of the project.
In reply to Richard Webb

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Richard - I believe you are referring to the attendance package contributed by Dmitry (http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?d=13&rid=1062&filter=1). I have created CONTRIB-2196 for updating the package (block and module) to Moodle 2.0. As a meta issue for tracking the upgrade of CONTRIB code to Moodle 2.0, I am using CONTRIB-1988. I know that this is on Dmitry's agenda as he posted about needing some documentation support at http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=153783#p672663. Do not hesitate to let me know how I can be of help. Peace - Anthony

p.s. - Please feel free to watch, vote, comment, etc. on CONTRIB-2196. Having a sense of the interest people have in particular contrib plugins is helpful information and may help us prioritize which plugins get attention first.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Anthony Borrow

by thulasi raman -

Hi,

I tried using the attendance module (version 1.9) for moodle 2.0 but things are not working. I would like to know if any progress/updates have been made in this regard.

Regards,

Thulasi