The developer needs your help to CONTINUE DEVELOPMENT!

The developer needs your help to CONTINUE DEVELOPMENT!

by Dmitry Pupinin -
Number of replies: 20
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers
Hello friends!
Many thanks to everyone who uses the project "Attendance", who support the users, who make the modification!
First I want to apologize for the fact that the last formal change of the project was three years ago. It is difficult to create something great for free on weekends and at night. The situation is complicated by the fact that in Russia it is very difficult to accept donations, even if you decide to support the development.
But there are solutions!
The head of my university (Novosibirsk state pedagogical university) stated that the development of open source projects can be supported financially by university, if these projects are in demand in other educational institutions in the world. Thus you can get the new version of the project for free, and I can include the "Attendance" to my roadmap.
If you want to support the project "Attendance", please send a request to the improvement of the project (this can be "Updating for Moodle 2.0" or something else) on the official letterhead of your institution with seal. You can send the document in the form of a good quality scanned image (tiff, jpeg) or PDF format to my email (dlnsk at mail dot ru). I would be very grateful if you send the original by traditional mail to the address: Russia, 630126, Novosibirsk, Viljujskaja st. 28 (for Institution of Open Distance Education to Dmitry Pupinin).

Compatibility of project with Moodle 2.0 will be implemented in the first place.

Thanks a lot!
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dmitry Pupinin

Re: The developer needs your help to CONTINUE DEVELOPMENT!

by Enrique Robredo -
Hello Dmitry,

Next Monday I will speak with the director of my institution and will try to send the request.

I will continue helping with the Spanish translation of attendance and testing it if you need.

Thanks
In reply to Enrique Robredo

by Dmitry Pupinin -
Thanks Enrique!
Together we are strong. Yes

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Dmitry - As you will see, I have created CONTRIB-2196 in the tracker to help track the progress of preparing for Moodle 2.0. Let me know how I can be of help. Peace - Anthony

by Richard Webb -
Hello Dmitry,

I am composing a letter now for our Academic VP to send. We definitely rely on your work! I hope that a large group respond to this to show how useful your mod has been. To further enhance your cause, is there any way to tell how many times the mod has been downloaded or how many of the 50,794 currently active sites that have registered from 214 countries currently use the mod? You might also compile numbers for how many unique individuals have posted to this forum and the number of posts+replies to this forum to further augment the importance of this project!

Good luck!

Richard

by Michael Woods -
Picture of Core developers
Dmitry,

Our college (Flinders Christian Community College, Melbourne, Australia) will shortly be investigating using this attendance module to potentially replace our existing system. We are extremely interested in the future development of this project into Moodle 2.0 and beyond.

We will try to send a letter as requested.

Thank you very much for your efforts to date.

Kind regards,
Michael

by Mark Johnson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Dmitry,
We find your Attendance module very useful as a way of importing our registers into Moodle. I will draft a letter and try and get it sent to your university on behalf of our institution.
In reply to Mark Johnson

by Daniel Neis Araujo -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Hello,

here at Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, we are woriking on several correction of this module.
Hopefully we manage to sent the patches via tracker.moodle.org this week.
You can see some documentation of the change, in portuguese, here:
http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-23186

Regards,
Daniel
In reply to Mark Johnson

by Mark Johnson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi again Dmitry,
Our IT manager has just sent the letter to you, hopefully you should receive it soon!

by Vicki Dunnam -

We definitely use the attendance module at our university.  We have been using it to track our athletes for their attendance and for retention.  It is definitely a useful module.  We will be sending a letter from our university.  Thanks for working on this great module.

If you need help with documentation of how to use the module, I would be happy to help. 

Vicki Dunnam

by Dmitry Pupinin -
I have received first letter from Taunton's College in Southampton.
Thanks a lot to Sandra Littler!

by Dmitry Pupinin -
The second letter received from McMurry University, USA.
Thanks a lot to Alicia T. Wyatt.

PS: Special thanks to Tikhon Bykov. smile

by John Blaser -
Hi Dmitry,
The attendance module is great. I use it with my undergraduate and graduate courses and now I would like to use it with my middle school classes. However, I need some help (or maybe further development is needed) with using it with those middle school classes.

I teach four sections of the same course. I have enrolled all the students into the course and have divided them into groups according to their section. However, the attendance module does not seem to "recognize" the groups; all the students are in one long list.

Is there anyway for the module to recognize the groups? Any advice or workaround would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John
In reply to John Blaser

by Dmitry Pupinin -
The version which support Groups (for Moodle 1.9.x) prepare to be published (this feature made by Artem Andreev).

John, if you like Attendance module please support project by sending a letter. Yes

by Anthony Borrow -

Dmitry - I've not heard from you in a while and there have been a few requests in the tracker that seem to have been waiting for a response. Are you able to continue maintaining the attendance module or is it time that we begin asking for someone in the community to step forward and pick it up? Let me know if there is anything I can do to be supportive. Peace - Anthony

by Clayn Lambert -

What is the current status of the development of the module into 2.0?

In reply to Clayn Lambert

by Anthony Borrow -

You can follow any progress in the tracker at CONTRIB-2196. Peace - Anthony

In reply to Anthony Borrow

by Eric Malone -

What are the chances of this being migrated within the next two months? I don't want to recommend a professor use 2.0 if attendance doesn't yet work.

Thanks

by Pedro Blanco -

Dmitry,

I've perhaps come in on this a bit late. Is it still useful for you to receive requests from universities for upgrades/developments of the attendance module? If so, I will arrange for one from my own university (University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia)? We are very hopeful that a version for Moodle Version 2 will be available .

best

Pedo