Change Enrol to Enroll

Change Enrol to Enroll

by Melanie Mornard -
Number of replies: 6
I know this question was brought up before, but I'll be darned if I can find it again to get the answer now that I'm ready to implement the fix.  How do I change the word "enrol" to "enroll" on my site?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Melanie Mornard

Re: Change Enrol to Enroll

by John Viall -

You have to use a language pack.

Unfortunately, I don't remember exactly how to do it, and usually have to play with the site to find the location of the updates.

You do have to be the site Admin to make the change.  Other than that, I believe it was just a couple of clicks.

Hope this helps.

John

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Melanie,

You can simply install the American English language pack (en_us) then choose it as the default language for the site. (Source: Enrollment FAQ)
In reply to Helen Foster

by Walter Horowitz -
Note that existing users will retain their language setting and will need to be changed if they want American English.
In reply to Walter Horowitz

by Melanie Mornard -

If they haven't changed their language (only en was the default so they had no other choices) will they automatically revert to en - us?

by Melanie Mornard -

Thanks for your help everyone!  It's works beautifully now. 

Well, until the next glitch I find.  0 : >