anoymous forums?

anoymous forums?

by Jon Williams -
Number of replies: 5
Hi I am currently using moodle 1.9.6, I would like my staff to be able to post help questions in the staffroom section of my moodle, however in an effort to encourage the younger members of staff i would like to make it anoymous so that people do not feel silly asking for help. has anyone got any ideas? or am I missing a simple setting?

thanks

J
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jon Williams

Re: anoymous forums?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
There isn't currently an option although it is currently being discussed. Howeverwould make a generic login "anon" and give staff the username and password, explaining that they can use this login if they want to post anonymously in the forum, rather than their own regular login.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Jon Williams -
thanks this is a good work around!
In reply to Jon Williams

by Barbara Taylor -
Does anyone know if this will be available in 2.0? We are moving from WebCT to Moodle and many of our professors like the option of being able to make discussion topics anonymous. Having another account wouldn't work for us because we would need to create many of them for different courses.

I thought I saw that there is an option to change something in the code but I cannot find that posting now. Anyone know anything about that?

Thank you,

Barbara
In reply to Barbara Taylor

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Barbara - I have not started playing with making the patch available in 2.0; however, I do not think it would be overly difficult. It will just be a matter of finding time and when to do it. Let me know if there is a particular date by which you might need it and I will do what I can to begin working on something that we can test in 2.0. I've created CONTRIB-2260 so that folks can watch, vote, and comment accordingly on the testing. Peace - Anthony