Cost of moodle hoster

Re: Cost of moodle hoster

by Marc Grober -
Number of replies: 13
Here we go again.....

I thought that it was steep but they do offer a very comprehensive service and I suppose you are paying for reliability, security and piece of mind.

Aside from the point that such an estimate might actually be low from the perspective of having over 800 students online intensively using Moodle at the same time, Damien's post apparently resulted in a response indicating that purchase of services from MP's did not necessarily assure one of reliability, security and piece of mind. The response went on to inquire what one would think of an MP with sites that evidence security issues. As I saw this on my iphone I could not view the video that was apparently included in the post as evidence of the point argued.

When I went back to see what had actually been posted on a platform that could handle the video, lo and behold the post was disparu.

Now, there was nothing about the text that was inappropriate; as I recall the text simply pointed out an indisputable fact. Soooo there must have been something about the video that was inappropriate.... I would appreciate finding out what was deleted and why.... If this is an instance where the Code of Conduct has been implemented, I think we need to talk about judgment and implementation, especially here in the Lounge....

In reply to Marc Grober

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I deleted a post from this discussion as it violated the section in our code of conduct regarding respecting other forum users. Rather than deleting the whole post, I realise now that it would have been better simply to delete the content of the post and add some text explaining why the post had been edited. Apologies for my mistake.
Average of ratings: Not very cool (7)
In reply to Helen Foster

by Marc Grober -
I posted to this form and my post was deleted ....
Helen states that the post was deleted because it violated the "code" but helen apparently refused to explain why it violates the code, especially since the second item I posted already appears in essentially the form objected to elsewhere...
The initial posting simply indicated that as one can not be sure whether one will get value for the money one pays a Moodle Partner, the term caveat emptor applies, as suggested by the person initial deleted......

So..... what is obvious is that any words pointing out that some Moodle Partners appear to have been at best negligent is verboten, so I have to suggest that unless people stop asking about hosting choices, there will be lots for helen to delete, won;t there?

In reply to Marc Grober

by Don Hinkelman -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Yawn.... sleepy
Average of ratings: Not cool (1)
In reply to Don Hinkelman

by Bols Heviks -
An "educator" indifferent to censorship is no educator.

Source: You're an "educator"...look it up wink
In reply to Bols Heviks

by Marc Grober -
BH,
Don's EFLuent so you have to take that into consideration before brow beating him over his apparent exhaustion...
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Reposting Mr. Grober's Post

by Bols Heviks -
This post breached our code of conduct and has been removed.

(Edited by Helen Foster - original submission Thursday, 11 February 2010, 01:16 AM)
In reply to Bols Heviks

by ben reynolds -
> This violated what part of your Bolshevick code?

This kind of response to any message is not helpful. Helen quite clearly apologized for her action.

I did not see the post & have no interest in this issue. But I am offended by this response.
In reply to ben reynolds

by Marc Grober -
Well, Helen apologized for not documenting the deletion of the initial posting. She then deleted my two posts which pointed out that there was nothing in the initial post that warranted deletion. Her response was to delete my posts. The comment re bolshevism appears to focus on the censorship that is going on: to wit someone might delete one of your posts without notice to you for reasons that will never be disclosed to or reviewed by the community.

The focal point in this instance is the past negligence of some MPs which constitutes evidence, one would argue, of the premise posited, that assuming performance metrics from MPs is unwarranted. NOT that all MPs are useless toads sucking limited resources for uncertain returns.

And, I would guess that the poster is miffed because opposition to such censorship is indeed the hallmark of education. Moreover, though the recent adoption of the prose by the American fringe right puts me off the reference, as suggested by Herr Niemoller, They will eventually come for you.....

In any event, this is the lounge, and no one is forcing you to be here or read this....