Conditional activities: Activity Completion in Moodle 2.0

Conditional activities: Activity Completion in Moodle 2.0

by Esh Nagappan -
Number of replies: 12
Hi All,

I have installed Moodle2.0 and have enabled Conditional Activities .I had added a file to a course. Under 'Activity Completion' section of this file, I had specified ' Show Activity as complete when conditions are met' and enabled 'Require View' option.

However, when a student logins and views the file , the activity is not marked as complete.

Any help on this is appreciated.

Attached is the screenshot after the student views the file. In the snapshot, i had set the above setting, for the 'Use case Modeling - Reading' activity.

Thanks
Esh
Attachment ActivityCompletion.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Esh Nagappan

Re: Conditional activities: Activity Completion in Moodle 2.0

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Can you confirm that this is a test install of Moodle 2 and your student is a test student?smile (ie, not a real one)
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Conditional activities: Activity Completion in Moodle 2.0

by Esh Nagappan -
Hi,

Yes. This is a test install of Moodle2 and it is a test student.
In reply to Esh Nagappan

Re: Me too - Activity Completion in Moodle 2.0

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Esh, if you are still there, and others (like Sam) involved in Conditional Activities in Moodle 2.0 I am testing them out tonight (build 20100210) and I have found exactly the same issue as Esh - I had set a webpage to have to be "viewed" before a student could access a forum but even when they viewed it (and even if they logged out and logged back in again) it's still marked as not complete. I can attach screenshot if you want but I am a bit stuck now as I can't think what else to trysad
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Me too - Activity Completion in Moodle 2.0

by Mary Cooch -
Ok - I went to the QA test site to try because that way I know the Moodle install will be up to date and correct - attached are the steps I took and what isn't working for me. Have I missed something obvious that will come to someone in an instant? I hope sosmile
In reply to Mary Cooch

"View" a Resource not working?

by Mary Cooch -
Ok - further to my last post (where viewing a page wouldn't work)I tried the scenario of having a file needing to be "viewed" before a user could access another activity. It didn't work - so I tried a folder - which didn't work either - and I tried a URL which didn't work. So then I went to the add an activity drop down menu and tried a forum and a choice (I stopped there) Both of those worked fine when the requirement was to "view" before the next activity would appear.
So is this feature not working from the resource menu?
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: "View" a Resource not working?

by sam marshall -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I think you are correct. It worked in Resource once, but since then, Resource has been completely rewritten. It looks like the people who rewrote it failed to include the code that supports on-view completion. smile

Could you file a tracker issue about this please (in the 'conditional activities' component) and I will hopefully deal with it.

Thanks,

--sam
In reply to sam marshall

by Mary Cooch -
Ok - I just did smile
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Thanks Mary, it's MDL-21687 in case anyone wants to watch / vote for / comment on it.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Pablo Piquemilh -

Hi Helen, I am experiencing a similar issue, We enable Activity Lucking in a V1.9.5 + (Build: 20090527)

I have added Scorms an under 'Activity Completion' section, I had specified ' Show the next Activity when the previous Scorm had sent score 80. And when this condition is completed show the next activity which is commonly a quiz.

However, when some students obtain a fail score in the Scorm (75) , the activity is marked as complete and let them see the next activity.
Any help on this is appreciated.
I tried to attach a screenshot after the student finished the scorm with a failure note and how the activity lucks had been settled up does, but I couldn't. 

In reply to Pablo Piquemilh

by Mary Cooch -
Are the SCORM scores actually recorded in Moodle's gradebook? (ie, are you sure it isn't the SCORM that's the problem and not the activity locking - is Moodle just moving on once any score has been obtained in the SCORM activity?)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Pablo Piquemilh -

Hi, yes I'm sure that what is not working well is te activity luck and not the Scorm I have more than 1000 users and approximately 80% obtain a score according to their result over the Scorm. And I can see the note over the grade report over 80% of my users that had already completed the Scorm Activity.

Any other suggestion or advice.

Regards

Grade Report

In reply to Helen Foster

by Pablo Piquemilh -
Hi I've already checked MDL-21687.

Don't you have anything else for V.1.9.5+?

I share again with you my complete case. Expectig someone could understand and if there is other options over the V.1.9.5 (Build: 20090527) I'm using with this users.

Our case is already explained in the next doc. file, so I appreciatte you can download the zip file in the added link, and extract from the next zip file, the .doc I mentioned .

http://aurainteractiva.net/ftp/pablo/ActivityLucksissues.zip

Any advise or suggestion applied to that specific case will be appreciated.

Regards,

Pablo