won't start recording

won't start recording

by david benedetto -
Number of replies: 6
every time i try to use nanogong i get this error msg: "failed to initialize audio recorder".
i checked the hardware and everything is working properly. i couldn't find a switch anywhere in moodle so i'm stumped. wide eyes
Average of ratings: -
In reply to david benedetto

Re: won't start recording

by John Andrewartha -
That seems to be a problem with 1.9.5... I am assured it is fixed in 2*. It also effects other modules like slideshow which also want to write to the file system. It seems none php calls get permission denied.
I like nanogong as it is quick easy and integrated. The workaround is to let students use the native recorder in the OS or use Audacity and submit as a assignment.
John
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to John Andrewartha

by david benedetto -
thanks, i'll do that.

was this a problem in 9.4? if not then i will downgrade.

smile
In reply to david benedetto

by John Andrewartha -
I was using it in 1.9.4 until I upgraded.
John

by Heidi Peter -

Hi John,

so you installed Nanogong on moodle 1.9.4 so that it worked and then you graded moodle up to 1.9.5 and Nanogong is still working?

I am asking, because i am using 1.9.5 und the module always says: "No sound has been submitted for the message." Is there another possibillity to install nanogong on moodle 1.9.5?

Cheers, Heidi

In reply to Heidi Peter

by John Andrewartha -
Heidi,
I have not found a way of making Nanogong work with 1.9.5. I also have the same problem with the Slide Show module.
The common thread to both is they both use userland system libs. Slide Show calls GD and Nanogong calls Java. It appears to be that when the userland lib wants to write to /moodledata it gets "permission denied". It is most likely to be a file lock that is not being passed. This is supported as I can upload files as teacher and above.
That's my theory.
John

by Heidi Peter -

Hi John,

thanks for your answer. That seems to be a pity for my moodle 1.9.5-platform sad. But, do i understand you right, that, when i upload the recorded files, it would work to integrate them in my moodle 1.9.5?

Heidi