Group events and the calendar

Group events and the calendar

by Doug Vermes -
Number of replies: 7
I've noticed that when I create a group event for a course, from that point forward, Moodle gives me absolutely no indication to which group the event belongs. Furthermore, if I edit the event, I have no ability to see or change the group for that particular event.

Is this a known quirk/bug, or am I missing something obvious?
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Doug Vermes

Re: Group events and the calendar

by Doug Vermes -
Does no one know the answer to this question? mixed I can create group events in the Moodle calendar, but from that point on, Moodle never shows me the group to which an event belongs... I can certainly login as a test student who belongs to a specific group to see if I put the event in the right group, but it is a bit cumbersome/tedious to do that. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Doug Vermes

by Melissa Wert -
I just logged onto this forum to ask the exact same question. Since no one has replied with an answer, I guess there is not a way to identify the group once an event is posted. This would be a great feature to add.
Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Melissa Wert

by Tom Bilson -
The same issue is causing problems for us too. Many of our students are members of multiple groups within different courses, and being unable to see from which course and even which group a calendar event originates means that they're left with a guessing game.

It's nearly a year since this was first raised in the forums: I wondered if anyone has found a work-around (apart from asking people posting group events to add the course title as part of the event).
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tom Bilson

by Jan Vandenheede -

I did not quickly find a feature request in Moodle Tracker about this issue and added one. The number is MDL-27074. Please do no hesitate to vote for it, add comments, etc.

In reply to Tom Bilson

by Jan Vandenheede -

I have heard from several persons that they had problems voting for an issue (in this case MDL-27074). You have to have an account on the moodle tracker in order to be able to vote. VERY IMPORTANT: This is NOT the same account as the one on moodle.org.

For more information on this see:
http://docs.moodle.org/en/Tracker

Please do not hesitate to vote for MDL-27074. It can only help.

This issue should have a serious chance to get treated and solved relatively quickly since such facilities are provided since a long time in Dokeos for instance.