Windows server: require_js: /lib/yui/yahoo/yahoo-min.js - file not found.

Windows server: require_js: /lib/yui/yahoo/yahoo-min.js - file not found.

by juyan zhang -
Number of replies: 9
when I want to divide many students to group,but it  appears the fallow error:
require_js: /lib/yui/yahoo/yahoo-min.js - file not found.
I don't know what to do ? 
Average of ratings: -
In reply to juyan zhang

Re: Windows server: require_js: /lib/yui/yahoo/yahoo-min.js - file not found.

by Richard Enison -
JZ,

Looks like your Moodle file structure is incomplete. See if you have a subdirectory called lib under your main Moodle directory. That one should have a subdirectory named yui, which should contain a subdirectory named yahoo. That last one should contain a file called yahoo-min.js. If you don't have it, either the extraction of files from the downloaded zip file was interrupted, or you got an incomplete download file. Try downloading and/or extracting again.

RLE
In reply to Richard Enison

回复: Re: require_js: /lib/yui/yahoo/yahoo-min.js - file not found.

by juyan zhang -
Thanks for your help.But the file yohoo-min.js is in the perfect place,and I can open it by NotePad,Why.
Wait your answer,thanks.
In reply to juyan zhang

by Richard Enison -
JZ,

OK. After several hours of research (mostly examining the Moodle source code), I have come up with an answer.

The error msg. you show in the subject of your post comes from a function called ajax_get_lib, in lib/ajax/ajaxlib.php, called by require_js (which is defined in lib/weblib.php) to find the javascript file it is looking for. The error msg. it generates contains the entire URL of the file, for example, http://www.yourschool.edu/moodle/lib/yui/yahoo/yahoo-min.js. So if the error msg. you show is the entire msg., the URL you gave the Moodle installer was incomplete, and that is the cause of your problem. If not, there are other possible causes. But it would be helpful if you could post the contents of your config.php file (with the password removed of course) from your main Moodle directory.

RLE

回复: Re: require_js: /lib/yui/yahoo/yahoo-min.js - file not found.

by juyan zhang -

Thanks for your help,by your instruction,i examing the moodle source code,I understand the reason of the error msg,the URL was incomplete,I set the www.root='',when I set the www.root='www.ytmoodle.com' It work nomal.
 Thanks!

In reply to juyan zhang

Re: 回复: Re: require_js: /lib/yui/yahoo/yahoo-min.js - file not found.

by Mark Jones -

Hello I am have the same problem and will not let me acces browse list of users or create users.

require_js: /lib/yui/yahoo/yahoo-min.js - file not found

Any Ideals?

by David Askey -
Richard:

I am installing Moodle for the first time and I have this same error when trying to add a new user.
require_js: http://hserver1/moodle/lib/yui/yahoo/yahoo-min.js - file not found
There are no files at all in the yahoo subdirectory.
I am on windows. I loaded Wampserver 2.0 and all is well with that.
I downloaded the latest 1.9, 1.8, and 1.7 versions of Moodle and extracted the files. None of them have any files in the yahoo subdirectory.
When I enter http://hserver1/moodle/lib/yui/yahoo in a browser it locates the correct directory on the server.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Dave
In reply to David Askey

by Stephan Green -
I too have had this problem on a number of occasions when using the built in Windows zip extraction functionality. In my case it always happened after I'd copied the downloaded Moodle zip file from my local PC to the web server. I was able to extract everything OK locally, but all attempts to do so on the server failed.

My original solution was to use FileSync to compare the extracted files on my local machine to those on the server, and then copy the orphan files across (over 400 of them in total, all in /lib/yui).

Having encountered the same problem again today with the Moodle 1.9.5 weekly build, I decided to see whether 7zip would be able to manage the extraction any better, and lo and behold it worked fine!

Hope this helps.

Stephan

by felix enerxia -

hello,

I have the same problem, but the file is in the directory and all seen ok in the file.

any help?

In reply to felix enerxia

by KT Fav -
I have been fighting this error off and on for many months, with various upgrades.

From this thread, I have found my problem. Thanks so much!

I was able to get a clean installation (and upgrade) just from extracting on my desktop computer before trying to move the moodle folder to the server. When I extract on the server, I get this error (and other similar errors).

I did not need the 3rd party extractor to get a clean extraction.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)