Visual improvement to Gradebook

Re: Visual improvement to Gradebook

by Elena Ivanova -
Number of replies: 2
Paul, can you please tell how the fixing will be controlled?

I have suggested this solution previously:
Add controls to My Preferences, similar to 1.8 gradebook:
- Reprint Headers: select # (meaning how often headers will be repeated)
- Reprint Headers with Categories names: Yes/No (depending on gradebook structure, instructor may want to see just names of the activities or corresponding categories as well)
- Reprint Student names : select # (how often the column with students names will be repeated)
- Stick Student names on the left?: Yes/No (this is what LSU gradebook offers)

What to you think?
In reply to Elena Ivanova

by Paul Vaughan -
Sounds exactly like what we need. smile I must confess I had little exposure to the 1.8 gradebook so cannot comment on that, but *not* having the users names and the column headings within easy reach (similat to Excel!) makes using the gradebook a little cumbersome, and I of course want the experience to be as easy as possible.

Edited to add: What is/where can I find the LSU gradebook? It doesn't appear in the Mods and Plugins area.

Also, if you like the idea, vote for it in the tracker (link at the top).
In reply to Paul Vaughan

by Elena Ivanova -
Paul, you may take a look at the LSU gradebook here: http://test.moodle.org/lsugradebook/ (use the same username and password as for the regular one)
From the dropdown area you may want to review Gradebook, Quick Edit Items and Quick Edit Categories. Plus, if you turn ediitng on , note QE links for columns and rows.

Elena