eMails from Moodle.org forums broken?

eMails from Moodle.org forums broken?

by Ron Meske -
Number of replies: 10
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
I wasn't sure where to post this problem, but for the past 24 hours I have not received any emails from these discussion boards. I am still subscribed, and it doesn't look like they are being blocked by a spam filter as I did receive an email of a message sent via my profile.

Is there a problem?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ron Meske

Re: eMails from Moodle.org forums broken?

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Ron,

Best place is in the tracker http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDLSITE under "moodle.org".

There was a problem with a database table earlier but it seems to be resolved now.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I too haven't received any Moodle-mail for 24 hours.

Perhaps the backlog will take a while to clear now that the database table is fixed.

Added new issue: MDLSITE-590
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Turns out to be a new regression in 1.9.x sad We're onto it, should be fixed in a few hours.

I've reverted the code on moodle.org and it should be emailing fine now.

by Matt Molloy -

email back working here in the last few minutes, all is well

Matt

In reply to Matt Molloy

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Thanks Matt, that's good to hear!
In reply to Helen Foster

by Brian Schmidt -
I have not gotten any in several days now. mixed

However, I noticed when I chose to reply, it said I was not enrolled in Using Moodle. Obviously I would have been previously. Did this change basically wipe all of that info out? Will I need to re-subscribe to everything?
In reply to Brian Schmidt

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Brian,

I can only speak for myself, but I was not unenrolled on any courses or forums. It was simply a case of the emails not getting sent out. Once the bug in the forum was fixed, the messages got sent.

In your case, it seems that things are not as you expect, so I would suggest you go to the forums and courses where you wish to be enrolled and check you are enrolled and subscribed where you want to be.

regards
Gordon
In reply to Brian Schmidt

by Martin Dougiamas -
This sounds like something else: Moodle.org will unenrol you automatically if you haven't visited a course for 60 days.

by Bruce Hoppe -
SORRY -- DISREGARD NOTE BELOW. pROBLEM SEEMS TO BE PASSWORD ACCESS TO RUN CRON.PHP, NOT THE FORUM MODULE

I HAVE COMMENTED OUT THE CRON.PHP PASSWORD CHECK AND SUDDENLY A BAZILLION EMAILS ARE GOING OUT FROM MY MOODLE SITE

MOODLE IS GREAT BTW smile

I upgraded my moodle installation over the holidays (from Aug 2008 "latest" to january 2009 "latest," and have encountered this "no emails from forum" behavior ever since in my installation.

It seems that you all have discovered a bug behind this, and fixed it... but I can't figure out what I need to do to fix the bug in my own installation. Do I just upgrade the whole thing based on the "latest" download available right now?

Thanks in advance

-Bruce