CVS problem with login using formal white theme

CVS problem with login using formal white theme

by Ron Banks -
Number of replies: 6

I have been  running a CVS version of moodle and have been trying to keep it updated about every week.  Lately after loading CVS, I changed to the formal white theme and I started having a problem.  I am not able to log in!  After typing in user name and password, I get another screen for a few seconds, I can read something about not able to pass header information and I am able to read something about the theme directory for a split second then it returns me to the login screen without being logged in.  I am stuck.  Since I can't log in now, I am not able to go back and change themes.

This CVS installation has been working for the past six months at least.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ron Banks

Re: CVS problem with login using formal white theme

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Are you running the stable, safe CVS branch MOODLE_13_STABLE or the unstable developer trunk version?

Did you update the whole directory at once or just part of it?

If you can catch that fleeting error message I'm sure it will explain the problem.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Ron Banks -

Martin,

I have been running this CVS version against the moodle directory update the whoe site at once, and I am running the unstable developer version as I have been using it before the trunk system came out.

This is a r&d site more than production with courses along the same lines of your "Moodle Features Demo" to be looking at the newest developments in all the modules as they come out and how we can use them on our production sites.

It's very difficult to catch the whole message as it is there for only a split second.

Thanks,

Ron

In reply to Ron Banks

by Andrea Bicciolo -
Hi Ron, I've just tested the theme on our staging server with cvs 1.4 development, but we wasn't able to reproduce the problem: users can login and logout using formal_white theme. Try to get a new fresh copy from CVS, and before uploading delete the old formal_white theme folder.
In reply to Andrea Bicciolo

by Ron Banks -

Andrea,

I did just delete my formal_white theme directory, refreshed it from the CVS and continue with the same problem.

After (many times of) trying my login I think I have come up with the error messages as follows:

Cannot modify header information.  Headers already sent out(output started at
c:\winlamp\websites\moodle\theme\formal_white\config.php:36) in c:\winlamp\websites\moodle\lib\moodlelib.php on line 672

Cannot modify header information.  Headers already sent out(output started at
c:\winlamp\websites\moodle\theme\formal_white\config.php:36) in c:\winlamp\websites\moodle\lib\moodlelib.php on line 673

I realize that lines 672 and 673 have to do with cookies, I have enabled cookies and always allow for session cookies.

This happens using both IE6 and Mozilla browsers.

file versions:

../lib/moodlelib.php V. 1.323 2004/07/25
../formal_white/config.php v.1.2 2004/03/24

Thanks for your help.

Ron

In reply to Ron Banks

by Gustav W Delius -

The file cvs:moodle/theme/formal_whit/config.php is using non-standard line endings. This has the effect that on some operating systems extra empty lines are inserted. In particular this leads to an empty line at the end of the file after the ?>. If you remove that then your problems should go away. I have now fixed the file in CVS.

In reply to Gustav W Delius

by Ron Banks -

You were absolutely right.  I had an empty space after the ?> on the same line.  Removing it did the trick.

Amazing.  You're a good man Gustav Delius

Thank you very much.