Moodle in English

Posts made in Moodle in English

Moodle in English -> Assignment Manage Report: SQL Query -> Re: Manage Report: SQL Query

by Eoin Campbell -
Core developers బొమ్మ Particularly helpful Moodlers బొమ్మ Plugin developers బొమ్మ
I assume that you have configured each "exam" as an Assignment in your course. You should be able to use the course Gradebook setup to create 3 Categories: a parent category "Admin/Domain", and two child categories "Admin" and "Domain". Then move the grade item for each Assignment into one or other of the child categories. The category grade value will be the overall grade for each set of assignments (the sum or mean of all the grade item scores), and this will indicate whether a student has passed or not. If students are in 3 separate groups, then you can export a grade report for each group separately, and get the information you need.

Moodle in English -> Quiz Question XML-Import - Standard Instructions -> Re: Question XML-Import - Standard Instructions

by Eoin Campbell -
Core developers బొమ్మ Particularly helpful Moodlers బొమ్మ Plugin developers బొమ్మ
Hi Martinos,
I wonder if you made an error in the Search & Replace operation?
The element "<answernumbering>ABCD</answernumbering>" defines the format of the answer option labels in each question, and is defined in the original XML fragment you posted. Make sure that it is still in the modified XML file, exactly as shown, for each and every question.

Moodle in English -> Quiz Question XML-Import - Standard Instructions -> Re: Question XML-Import - Standard Instructions

by Eoin Campbell -

Edit the XML file and replace the string "</answernumbering>" with "</answernumbering><showstandardinstruction>0</showstandardinstruction>".

Delete the questions you imported, and re-import the modified XML file.

Moodle in English -> Installing and upgrading help Moodle 4.4 admin/environment.xml discrepancy

by Eoin Campbell -

I tried downloading and installing Moodle 4.4 this morning from the Zip file https://download.moodle.org/download.php/stable404/moodle-4.4.zip, but encountered an error that MariaDB version 10.6.7 is required, as specified in admin/environment.xml (see screenshot below). However, I then downloaded the Windows installation file Moodle installer package for Windows. It has a different environment.xml file which only requires MariaDB 10.4. The Release Notes specifies MariaDB 10.6.7, but the installation worked OK for me on 10.4, although I haven't tested it in operation very much.

This is either a bug in the Moodle installer package for Windows, or an error in the documentation.

image.png

రేటింగుల సగటు: -

Moodle in English -> Assignment Offline grading won't accept windows csv files -> Re: Offline grading won't accept windows csv files

by Eoin Campbell -

"What delimiter Excel uses for CSV files
To handle .csv files, Microsoft Excel uses the List separator defined in Windows Regional settings.
In North America and some other countries, the default list separator is a comma, so you get CSV comma delimited.
In European countries, a comma is reserved for the decimal symbol, and the list separator is generally set to semicolon. That is why the result is CSV semicolon delimited."