Moodle in English

Discussions lancées dans Moodle in English

Moodle in English -> Moodle office tool integrations OneDrive - access controlled link problem (external sharing not enabled)

par Jerry Lau,
Hello there.

I have detailed this quite a bit and may not have anything to do with Moodle or your plugin..

When the ms service account is used to connect a user's onedrive for their file repository and select "access controlled link" rather than upload the file, the global policy to allow sharing for the "Anyone" group in Azure should be enabled correct? If not they will get the error message ".. external sharing is not enabled for this site".. site meaning OneDrive

here is my detailed post

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=457318

thank you

Jerry

Moyenne des évaluations: -

Moodle in English -> General help Moodle 4.17 + OneDrive - Sharing externally does not work

par Jerry Lau,
Hello folks

We'd like to revisit this problem that has been ongoing for about 2 years plus and cannot make it work

Moodle 4.17 + OneDrive - Sharing externally does not work when we use the file picker. the user/student can see their OneDrive content as this is not the problem. The problem is when they try to share the file as a link.

Does moodle use graph api for granular permission

We were told that for this to work, we would need to make it (our OneDrive/365) globally accessible by everyone. This is a major security risk.

has anyone integrated their Moodle 4.x with the MS365 Onedrive in your organization and have it work successfully? The goal is not to upload it to the moodle server (to save resources) and 

to allow Students to select a file from OneDrive and submit it to their Moodle assignment *without* the actual file being transferred into Moodle (saving space and preventing post-submission alterations to the original file from affecting the submission).

Other institutions have an LMS integration like this, and we’d really like to be able to offer it to our people too.

In the moodle bug tracker, there was a mention of:

“This is an issue to do with your sharing on Azure/Sharepoint/OneDrive side. The service account you have in use connected with OAuth2 OneDrive repository needs to be able to share around your orginisations global policies set in place. See here 'Anyone' is not allowed, therefore you will get the error Jerry showed above. (your organisation is preventing you from selecting this option)”

To allow "Anyone" is a major security risk

Thoughts?

Moodle in English -> LTI and Moodle Change the Shared Secret via SQL possible.

par Jerry Lau,
Hello folks

We're currently use WebWork and the shared secret for that previous application is "123456"

We've upgraded WebWork to another server and want to change the existing shared secret from "123456" to say "ABCDEF"

Can I just do an sql update and if so, what tables and fields are involved?

or do we just do it one by one? could be hundreds for all I know.

Which leads me to think.. is there an sql query I could use to output all LTI records?

thanks

Dave

Moodle in English -> General help Moodle 4.1 & OneDrive repository - access controlled link to a file error

par Jerry Lau,
Running Moodle 4.1.x using MS as authentication

so we read the documentation and all seems to work until we selected the 2nd radio button - Create an access controlled link to the file.

We wanted to do to save file.

When we hit save/submit, we get the general exception message " Exception - notAllowed: The operation failed because sharing has been disabled on this site".

Who are they referring to when they said "... on this site"? Which site? moodle or the ms side?

see attached images

Annexe Capture.PNG
Annexe Capture2.PNG

Moodle in English -> General help Major Bug - Moodle 4.1+ OneDrive Repository Does NOT Work

par Jerry Lau,

We are on 4.1 (Build: 20221128)

This looks lime a major bug and have tried it NUMEROUS times and still now working unlike  previous version of 3.9.13, which worked.

I selected a file on my OneDrive repository and selected the radio button

"Create an access controlled link to the file" and clicked on Save but got thd error.

Exception - notAllowed: The operation failed because sharing has been disabled on this site.

File:  /lib/classes/oauth2/rest.php
Line: 123

Error code: generalexceptionmessage

* line 123 of /lib/classes/oauth2/rest.php: core\oauth2\rest_exception thrown
* line 748 of /repository/onedrive/lib.php: call to core\oauth2\rest->call()
* line 960 of /repository/onedrive/lib.php: call to repository_onedrive->set_file_sharing_anyone_with_link_can_read()
* line 1289 of /lib/filelib.php: call to repository_onedrive->reference_file_selected()
* line 344 of /lib/filelib.php: call to file_save_draft_area_files()
* line 159 of /user/classes/form/private_files.php: call to file_postupdate_standard_filemanager()
* line 77 of /lib/form/classes/external/dynamic_form.php: call to core_user\form\private_files->process_dynamic_submission()
* line 261 of /lib/externallib.php: call to core_form\external\dynamic_form::execute()
* line 81 of /lib/ajax/service.php: call to external_api::call_external_function()